Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minix Neo X8-H is warm in standby

Hi,
    as topic says. The Neo X8 is warm in standby mode. After watching a movie with XBMC I press the red button on the NEO M1 Remote. TV goes black (no signal), blue LED on the device is off. But hours later the device is still warm. FW: finless beta8 with cpu_fix patch

Its a stupid design so it gets damn hot all the time. Im using a custom case with a 14 fan in the bottom my temp is 45-50 now

Skickat från min SM-G900F/T/I/M/P/W8 via Tapatalk
    [img=http://imagizer.imageshack.com/img537/6746/zABbhG.jpg]

Comment

O.K. but I though in standby is everything shut down except the IR-Receiver for the remote :-)

Comment

maybe not everything, maybe the soc is also running (I don't know if they use a front processor, but I don't think so)...
        I never use the standby, but at normal start-up the soc gets immediately ~45°C so if the soc is also running, I think it is normal to get a warm device...
        RK3288 Devices
        - Overview BOX (LINK !)
        - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
        UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

I'm not really shure, but at the first time I had the player running under stock ROM the device and the power supply stay cool. Now I'm on finless with cpu_patch. Maybe this could be a reason.

Comment

Hmmm, maybe, maybe not, but stock (also at beta) runs at 96MHz and the patcher runs at higher MHz???
            RK3288 Devices
            - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
            Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
            Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
            Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

No, not the beta, the original one, out of the box.
              Could it be the fact, that I shoutdown the box when XBMC is running? I don't go back to the "normal" android launcher.

Comment

Originally posted by mito View Post
                1.) No, not the beta, the original one, out of the box.
                2.) Could it be the fact, that I shoutdown the box when XBMC is running? I don't go back to the "normal" android launcher.
                1.) Beta or not beta, but you talk about:
                Originally posted by mito View Post
                ...Now I'm on finless with cpu_patch. Maybe this could be a reason.
                2.) ??? maybe, check it out...
                RK3288 Devices
                - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

It is ROM related. I'm back on Lifeforce XBMC ROM and the Neo is cold as ice in standby.

Comment

Working...
                  X