Pipo T9 RileyROM 1.2 [KitKat]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's the trick.

Disconnect USB from the tablet and turn it off.

Click Download on the flash tool.

Connect the USB.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
      Here's the trick.

Disconnect USB from the tablet and turn it off.

Click Download on the flash tool.

Connect the USB.
      Thank you!
      Installing now.

worth noting, it did not work on Win 8.1 64.
      It is working on Win 7 64

Comment

Drivers

Just a heads up I find that the drivers will not work on Win 8.1 due to a Microsoft security change but will work on Win 7 with no problems. I also had the same problem the first time I tried to flash the new ROM.

Ken

Originally posted by grendude View Post
        Thank you!
        Installing now.

worth noting, it did not work on Win 8.1 64.
        It is working on Win 7 64

Comment

camera out of focus

Just wondering my 12meg camera is out of focus with this new ROM is this a problem with the new ROM or my tablet as the 2meg facing camera is in focus?

Ken.

Comment

For me this ROM is fast but not stable

I have wifi problem.... Titanium backup is not working, and lucky patcher too ....

With imei problem now, i start to miss JB very stable ROM....

I start to hate Mtk device.... No more MTK device for me...... Time to resell this tablet very soon

Comment

Stick with it I had similar problems when moving to KitKat with previous tablets and its only early days yet. I think its a very good first rooted ROM and is more stable than some manufacturer retail ROMs try archos Tablets if you like to get frustrated I have no WiFi problems?

Ken.

QUOTE=spzjulien;224314]For me this ROM is fast but not stable

I have wifi problem.... Titanium backup is not working, and lucky patcher too ....

I start to hate Mtk device.... No more MTK device for me...... Time to resell this tablet very soon[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by spzjulien View Post
                For me this ROM is fast but not stable

I start to hate Mtk device.... No more MTK device for me...... Time to resell this tablet very soon
                Try to root again using Root Genius it will solve the Lucky Patcher and Titanium
                Backup problem. With SuperSu its like it is not rooted properly, I don't know why though.

About IMEI I used MTK droid tools to restore it.It is working fine now.

Comment

Originally posted by digitron View Post
                  Try to root again using Root Genius it will solve the Lucky Patcher and Titanium
                  Backup problem. With SuperSu its like it is not rooted properly, I don't know why though.

About IMEI I used MTK droid tools to restore it.It is working fine now.

ok let try root genius ...
                  MTK droid tools u mean restore nvram.bin ?? i dont have my own backup

edit

ok root genius seem solve some problem
                  for MTK droid tools it seem u cant restore imei without backup of your own nvram.bin

i will try to flash back to JB rom, too much problem with KK rom for now
                  Last edited by spzjulien; 09-07-2014, 12:38.

Comment

all the method imei describe is not permanent ... if you wipe data imei is lost again

here is the method for hardcode imei

____/\_____ MAUI META by MediaTek....
                    finally managed to permanently fix the erasing problem of imei on flashing new ROM or factory resetting phone ....
                    mobile uncle tools or... engineering mode temporarily fixes the imei problem by pasting what's known as "Soft Imei" and which tends to get erased on formatting or flashing new ROM .
                    also in KitKat the security is so optimized that engineering mode doesn't accepts the imei
                    now this method I'm sharing with you permanently fixes the problem of accidentally formatting NVRAM using sp tools.
                    Things you need
                    MAUIMETA TOOLS : http://www.mediafire.com/download/79...NESIA+RAYA.rar
                    DRIVERS
                    CDC : http://www.mediafire.com/download/yx...CDC_driver.rar
                    (old driver, i did not use them)

MTK65xx ADB VCOM Driver : http://www.mediafire.com/download/cy...OM+drivers.rar

now follow these steps:
                    1> install all necessary drivers.
                    2> install MauiMeta software.
                    3> turn off the phone/tablet.
                    4> open Maui software goto option and select " Connect Smart Phone Into A Meta Mode" and hit reconnect
                    5> connect the phone in off mode.
                    6> it will detect and then on upper left corner tab select "Write Imei" option a new window will open.
                    7> click on "Change Nvram Database File" and select BPLGUInfoCustomAppSrcP_MT6592_S00_MOLY_WR8_W1315_M D_WG_MP_V23_1_wg_n from orignal rom or ridleyrom
                    8> Now just write 14 digit imei imprinted on back of your phone and 15th digit will be automatically generated for both Sim's.
                    9> Press download to Flash.
                    10> close that tab and hit disconnect.
                    ......TaDa......
                    problem solved....
                    now flash any ROM or factory reset it imei will be automatically recovered ...
                    Last edited by spzjulien; 09-08-2014, 11:09.

Comment

Thanks for the discovery....this will come in very handy.

This is all a learning process for all of us.

Please post any results you get from testing this method. If it works well, I think this deserves it's own thread so people can easily refer to it. I'll even make it a sticky thread.
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                      Donate here

Comment

This method work great ..... I've done it on my pipo T9
                        Flashed my imei with, then wipe data/factory reset and my imei was still there
                        So I'm 100% sure it work with T9 and all MTK chipset u just need the right baseband file

Now abt

Flashing KK with format all/DL option seem dangerous without make a backup of your nvram.bin
                        Since you can flash it back with sp flag tools by editing your scater.text, so it should be hard coded too

If you erase your nvram.bin without a backup, your T9 will have a dummy nvram.bin ..... I'm not sure ending with a dummy nvram.bin is good or not ....
                        But the first method will help you to flash hardcoded your own imei if you save if on paper since there no imei copy on t9 nor in t9 packaging
                        Your can generate your own imei, but in France list highly prohibed. That why I'm generally cautious with imei stuff

So my advice :
                        Write down your imei and made backup of your nvram.bin before play with your T9 and with MTK stuff

Comment

Exfat support?

Hi to everyone! Is there exfat supported by the kernel with this rom? got the stock kitkat rooted on my t9 at the moment and tried to get exfat with stickmount but obviously i'm doing s.th. wrong

thx
                          tunguska

Comment

I have not done anything to enable exfat in the ROM. I don't think the kernel supports it.
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

t9 vs p4

Hi, i just to know if somebody can tell if the pipo P4 is better in performance than the pipo T9? what is the real antutu benchmark score of the 2 tablets? and someone has tested the cube talk 9x u65gt? does the cube have better performance and antutu score? And have you try the gps in the new pipo tablets?
                              Also, Thanks Randy for your roms, I own a pipo m7pro, and your roms makes it the best tablet I have, I wish there is a gps fix for the rr3.4, but thank's a lot

Comment

Originally posted by laar789 View Post
                                Hi, i just to know if somebody can tell if the pipo P4 is better in performance than the pipo T9? what is the real antutu benchmark score of the 2 tablets? and someone has tested the cube talk 9x u65gt? does the cube have better performance and antutu score? And have you try the gps in the new pipo tablets?
                                Also, Thanks Randy for your roms, I own a pipo m7pro, and your roms makes it the best tablet I have, I wish there is a gps fix for the rr3.4, but thank's a lot
                                for me i will avoid T9 since is mtk chiptest, and mtk are pain in the ass, and i guess p4 is more powerfull than the Mtk 6592 octacore
                                i will resell my T9 and avoid Mtk in futur....

Comment

Working...
                                X