No announcement yet.

Pipo T8 RileyROM 1.0 & 1.1 [KitKat]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This seems indeed a hardware problem. I suggest flash the stock rom and send to repair. contact them first...

Comment

Problem solved! I have a trifold case and only today I realized it has a magnet in front of the light and proximity sensors!

When using the phone and have the case cover folded at the back of the phone, the magnet makes the sensors crazy!

When using the phone without the case or with the cover hanging everything runs smoothly...

Comment

I'm glad you got it figured out.

Many times we beat our heads against the wall trying to solve what appear to be very complicated problems...and it's the simplest things that create the problem in the first place.

Unfortunately, it's almost impossible to provide 100% support on these ROM's when you don't have the whole story...so it's little details like what type of case you are using that can make a huge difference in whether the community can offer suggestions on how to fix the problem.

I'll try to remember to ask "what case you have?"....when faced with a similar puzzle to solve. Thanks so much for sharing that fix to us.
        Randy
        Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

I m glad I figured it out too.
          Is there a way to change the overlapping images in your rom? It s a little bit annoying. There are overlaps on the boot logo and when the phone is charging when closed. (Powerred off).

Ofcourse we will be waiting for a lollipop rom from Riley!! :-)

Comment

I'm not sure I understand the overlapping. Can you post some pictures of it. I don't have a T8.
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
            Donate here

Comment

It is the first screen you come across when booting the phone. After a few seconds there is a Pipo T8 logo which spins around and it shows fine.
              The same issue appears when the phone is powered off and you plug the charger in (without turning it on). I suppose it was meant to show a battery that charges...

Comment

OK, I think I know what's going on. I will have to check and see if the boot logo is in portrait or landscape...and with the correct resolution.

So, the boot animation is correct...but these static screens are wrong...right?
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                  OK, I think I know what's going on. I will have to check and see if the boot logo is in portrait or landscape...and with the correct resolution.

So, the boot animation is correct...but these static screens are wrong...right?
                  i may remember wrong, but i had to replace riley's logo with the original one (very easy with flashtool)
                  the screen looked like "multiplied" and overlapped

Comment

The booting sequence has two screens-animations(?). The first one is the picture I attached earlier and the second one is a rotating banner on which is written "Pipo T8" on the one side and "RileyRom" (I think) on the other side. The second animation is shown ok. The first one has the problem.

I also remind you that the exact same problem is shown on the animation that comes on the screen when charging the phone when it is powered off.

Comment

Originally posted by alexport View Post
                      The booting sequence has two screens-animations(?). The first one is the picture I attached earlier and the second one is a rotating banner on which is written "Pipo T8" on the one side and "RileyRom" (I think) on the other side. The second animation is shown ok. The first one has the problem.

I also remind you that the exact same problem is shown on the animation that comes on the screen when charging the phone when it is powered off.
                      so i had the same
                      as i said, download the original pipo firmware
                      take just logo bin or img (i dont remember)
                      load the riley scatter
                      uncheck everything except logo, change the source file with the original logo and flash

Comment

Ok. Done. Now the only issue is the charging battery animations

Comment

The problem is in the custom logo.bin file I made. It seems I got the wrong resolution on the graphics. You can easily flash the stock logo.bin...and that should fix the problem.
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

My T8 runs smoooooothly now...

Are there any news about us getting Lollipop...?

Comment

Working...
                            X