Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M8 Firmware

Hi All,
    Apologies if I am reposting this but I am a newbie and need help of all you ever helpful people.
    I am looking for latest M8 Android TV Box firmware which I understand is rooted as well but can't find a link anywhere to download the same.
    I am also looking for MXII latest firmware as well, a download link will be highly appreciated.
    Many thanks for your co-operation in advance.
    Regards
    Rob

M8 => round one or square one?
    MXII or MXIII ?
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

M8= square one , I think,

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
        M8 => round one or square one?
        MXII or MXIII ?
        Its M8 square one and the other one is MXII.

Thanks

Comment

For the square one have a look at this sub-forum

Do you have al link (picture) for the MXII?
          RK3288 Devices
          - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

For the square one have a look at this sub-forum

Do you have al link (picture) for the MXII?
            Yes the picture of the MXII is as attached and spec is below.
            Amlogic 8726 Dual core Cortex A9 Neon CPU, 1.5GHz
            Android 4.2.2 Jelly bean
            1GB/8GB

Thanks
            Attached Files

Comment

The problem with the MXII's are the different pcb (motherboard)...
              FW's depending on the pcb version... have e.g. a look at
              http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?16850-mbx-reference-board-%28g18ref%29

EDIT
              And here e.g. a "bad" pcb
              RK3288 Devices
              - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

The problem with the MXII's are the different pcb (motherboard)...
                FW's depending on the pcb version... have e.g. a look at
                http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?16850-mbx-reference-board-%28g18ref%29

EDIT
                And here e.g. a "bad" pcb
                http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...batch-of-MX2-s
                Thanks No Spam for me, I really appreciate your time and effort.

Please see PCB of the box attached. The Chinese seller has also given me the firmware but I want to root the box and use custom firmware to enhance the quality and performance of the box.

Can you advise which particular one will be the best on basis of PCB?

Regards
                Attached Files

Comment

Sorry, it's a clone pcb i never seen before...

Here are an "original" pcb and a known clone pcb:

At this clone pcb matricom and I think also Linux-versions doesn't fitt (doesn't work)...

This is the clone pcb of the CMX (with is able to work with the Linux-versions)

If you compare your pcb to the original and the other known clone pcb you see that your pcb is totally different, so I wouldn't try to flash any other fw (also linix) than the original stock fw at it...
                  Bad news, I know
                  RK3288 Devices
                  - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Sorry, it's a clone pcb i never seen before...

Here are an "original" pcb and a known clone pcb:

At this clone pcb matricom and I think also Linux-versions doesn't fitt (doesn't work)...

This is the clone pcb of the CMX (with is able to work with the Linux-versions)

If you compare your pcb to the original and the other known clone pcb you see that your pcb is totally different, so I wouldn't try to flash any other fw (also linix) than the original stock fw at it...
                    Bad news, I know
                    Thanks No Spam for me.... Really appreciate!

I don't want to run linux but I am wondering if I can root and flash this maybe with Finless FW? But only if you advise or will run with what I have.

Comment

For the square M8 there exist Finless FW, BUT please, before flashing, also check you PCB at this device, because there also existing the first clones (you will find the thread at the correct sub-forum)...
                      RK3288 Devices
                      - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Originally posted by robert.uk77 View Post
                        Android 4.2.2 Jelly bean
                        1GB/8GB

Thanks
                        Are you sure about specifications (dual core, Android 4.2.2)?

This device looks like this one - http://www.alibaba.com/product-detai...023455465.html

MXII (not MX2) is Amlogic S805 quad core
                        If you find my work useful, buy me a beer
                        Homepage: http://www.stane1983.com

Comment

Originally posted by robert.uk77 View Post
                          Android 4.2.2 Jelly bean
                          1GB/8GB

Thanks

How did it run with 1 gb ram, dual core?

Comment

Originally posted by stane1983 View Post
                            Are you sure about specifications (dual core, Android 4.2.2)?

This device looks like this one - http://www.alibaba.com/product-detai...023455465.html

MXII (not MX2) is Amlogic S805 quad core
                            But the problem is, that the specs at your link at 'Configuration parameters' are mx2 and not s805 ????
                            So who wins, the headline or the 'Configuration parameters' ???
                            RK3288 Devices
                            - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

But the problem is, that the specs at your link at 'Configuration parameters' are mx2 and not s805 ????
                              So who wins, the headline or the 'Configuration parameters' ???
                              Maybe I used wrong link (just googled it)... and maybe there are wrong specs on that site. But I'm sure I have in mail MXII S805 box. See cnx - http://www.cnx-software.com/2014/09/...ogic-s805-soc/
                              If you find my work useful, buy me a beer
                              Homepage: http://www.stane1983.com

Comment

Working...
                              X