X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

memory Issues can anyone help.

hi there.

Im new to the forum and new to tablet.

I've just opened my new g3 only to find the internal memory is very low!

Since the tablet is supposed to be 8GB i only have 500 meg approx data partition and a virtual 7 gig sd card! (WHY! lol)

i have a 32gig memory card inserted for my storage and dont need the internal sd cardemulation.

why has so much been allocated to sd card and very little to data!

I have then installed your custom rom which is very cool and gives me 2 gig data partition. BUT, i still get the internal sd!

Is there a way to get rid off the internal sd card and allocate all memory to data and use my external sdcard as storage instead of the internal!

Hope someone can explain this!

my htc one has more memory thatn this tablet! lol

thanks

Originally posted by handsomedude View Post
    hi there.

Im new to the forum and new to tablet.

I've just opened my new g3 only to find the internal memory is very low!

Since the tablet is supposed to be 8GB i only have 500 meg approx data partition and a virtual 7 gig sd card! (WHY! lol)

i have a 32gig memory card inserted for my storage and dont need the internal sd cardemulation.

why has so much been allocated to sd card and very little to data!

I have then installed your custom rom which is very cool and gives me 2 gig data partition. BUT, i still get the internal sd!

Is there a way to get rid off the internal sd card and allocate all memory to data and use my external sdcard as storage instead of the internal!

Hope someone can explain this!

my htc one has more memory thatn this tablet! lol

thanks
    I believe this can only be done in programming the rom itself. Stock roms give you much less than 2gb, that much is for sure! Without a full reconfig of the rom I don't think it is possible. Furthermore with asop it appears you cannot properly set for apps to install to the internal sd.

Can I ask why you need so much more than 2gb on your main system partition?

Options I see - try link2sd (but this might need some screwing around with the internal & I wouldn't recommend it). However you could use your 32gb card & link2sd to increase the system partition, and then just make sure you utilise the internal storage for that purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by bay1902 View Post
      I believe this can only be done in programming the rom itself. Stock roms give you much less than 2gb, that much is for sure! Without a full reconfig of the rom I don't think it is possible. Furthermore with asop it appears you cannot properly set for apps to install to the internal sd.

Can I ask why you need so much more than 2gb on your main system partition?

Options I see - try link2sd (but this might need some screwing around with the internal & I wouldn't recommend it). However you could use your 32gb card & link2sd to increase the system partition, and then just make sure you utilise the internal storage for that purpose.
      Thanks for the quick reply.

I installed loads of games and apps but for some reason it was telling me i was running low on memory!

I though a tablet would be the same as a phone. i never seen a emulated internal sdcard before lol. i tried a few apps2sd apps but none work properly, or when i reboot, nothing works. i shall try the link2sd as you said to see if that one works.the last one i tried moved the apps to the internal sd and not my 32gig. thats the main problem im having when trying these apps2sd. they all move apps to the internal sd. if thats the case, why not have a 8 gig data partition and leave it all there. Can you see my reasoning lol

tablet being 10 inch big and being able to have loads of stuff on it, i would have assumed the data partition would have been bigger. dont understand the need for the internal sdcard at all!

Comment

What g3 tablet is it? CHances are there is a ROM for it that increases APP space.

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Tried link2sd guys, but not playing ball. saying no storage space, so my guess is thats its treating the internalsd as the main one!

i have a arnova 8G b2 g3 tried other roms which give 2 gig internal, but the wifi is terrible and slow and keeps disconnecting so im back to rooted stock for the moment!

Anybody able to create a rooted stock rom with no internal sd! and just internal data would be great.

there should be different stock roms for people using tablet with external sd card or without. ie, if using external sd, we dont need internal. but keep internal for those who dont have external sd cards.

make sense lol

Thanks everyone for your help.

you guys should be working for archos!

PS can i put a g2 Gingerbread rom on by 8gig b2 g3 because the ics seems very bad compatability.

try a facebook game using web browser. the tablet is opengl and fully capable of running flash games, but ics seems a no go.

same on my htc one v, flash games are crap through browser, but on a gingerbread roms works fine, so i'd love a gingerbread rom for this device.

Comment

I need a stock ROM to do this work.
            Is there download for the stock ROM? I do not want to use someone elses messed with ROM like Arctablet. I need totally stock ROM.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
              I need a stock ROM to do this work.
              Is there download for the stock ROM? I do not want to use someone elses messed with ROM like Arctablet. I need totally stock ROM.

Bob

Is this a stock rom in this thread

i installed it to revert back to stock and it's the same version my tablet came with

Comment

Is this a stock rom in this thread

i installed it to revert back to stock and it's the same version my tablet came with
                Yes that is a totally stock ROM.

Bob

Comment

Yes that is a totally stock ROM.

Bob

Cool. I can't wait to see what you can do with it.

You guy's keep things going when the manufacurers seem slow.

i used to program 20 years ago before i took on electrical mechanical engineering! wish i kept up with the times now! lol

i would have been able to help 20 years ago!

all your work is really appreciated .

Comment

Cool. I can't wait to see what you can do with it.

You guy's keep things going when the manufacurers seem slow.

i used to program 20 years ago before i took on electrical mechanical engineering! wish i kept up with the times now! lol

i would have been able to help 20 years ago!

all your work is really appreciated .
                    We already have! This ROM is what you want. This was work by Snakekiller and I!

Bob

Comment

Hi. tried that rom just now.

had no wifi for 5 mins after install. couldnt even turn it on. when it eventually came on i installed some apps and tried moving to sdcard.

It moves them to the internal nand not sdcard. and when i reboot, nothing works, tried to unmount and mount but no joy, tried to move back to tablet, but saying no data found.

So i'm now flashing a stock rom back again lol

thanks for the help though

can a rom be done without that annoying nand flash emulated sdcard?

Comment

No and in fact you better get use to this operation. With more devices having much larger built in memory, the latest OS's like JellyBean treat the external SDcard as ONLY a media storage! They are not going to support apps on external media, etc..... This is the evolution of the OS.

AND to be honest, internal SDcard is much faster than external. It's real NAND memory. So going forward Android OS will use the internal SD as the primary "disk drive". External will be just like on a PC. A removable Media device!

So, people like us that like to flash ROMs that might erase internal storage, we better get use to backing that up!

Now personally, I think this is the right way to go for performance. The "old days" of needing a external SD to save memory ARE GONE! We now just need to get the ROM makers of these tablets to "think" and not make stupid decisions and limit /data space to a stupid 500 megs! WTF are they thinking? Keeps ROM-ers like me in business though

Bob

Comment

can we get a stock rom made with root, SU, and 4 gig internal? please please please! lol

Comment

Working...
                          X