Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need ideas to restore video signal on a RK3288

Hi,
    I have a RKM MK902II but this is not related just to this device.

Here is my problem:
    My AV Receiver is on HDMI1 and my RK3288 on HDMI2 of my TV
    (If i connect my RK directly on my AVR, the image "jumps" every 2 seconds ... this is another problem.)

When I'm on HDMI2 with my RK on, i switch to HDMI1 (to watch TV) then want to go back to the RK on HDMI2, the image stays black. There is a 1080p signal but the image is black :'(

Then I restart the RKM, the image stays black (but i hear a new mail sound so the boot sequence completes)
    I restart a dozen time, then finally the image come back, this is REALLY annoying ...

So here is what I found so far.
    If I go on the settings screen, put the selection on Display/1280x720x60, then go on HDMI1, go back HDMI2, the image is black, i press "ok", so the video mode switches to 720p, and the image come back !

I tried the same thing by shell, from the black screen with ADB shell I enter "echo 1280x720p-60 > /sys/class/display/display0.HDMI/mode", the black signal switches to 720p but stays black.

I also tried to send wakeup signals "adb shell input keyevent 26" no succes...

I'm trying to write an app to restore my video signal but I'm running out of ideas

Do you have any Ideas of what would bring my video signal back ?

Thx

A new SDK by rockchip for rk3288
    I think with the actual FW you haven't any chance to fix it. It seams to be a problem at the HDMI-communication-protocol.
    I recognised that e.g. running videos at e.g. stock player stops if I switch to another HDMI port at TV and switch back to the HDMI port where my rk3288 is attach... and other effects.
    Maybe you can trace these effects at dmesg/logcat...
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Does your tv box have an 'AUTO' setting in HDMI mode like some of the other RK3288 firmwares? I'm guessing it doesn't, and I'm wondering now if that would prevent this from happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomari View Post
        Does your tv box have an 'AUTO' setting in HDMI mode like some of the other RK3288 firmwares? I'm guessing it doesn't, and I'm wondering now if that would prevent this from happening.
        Yes it has an "AUTO" setting but it sets the resolution to 2160p30 (my TV is HDMI 2.0 and the TVBox doesn't show 2160p60), and it doesn't solve the black screen problem

Comment

Working...
        X