Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coalescence View Post
    Hi guys!
    I am new to this freaktab community, and I just want to say my greatest thanks to 900supersport for this awesome rom!
    It seems like my tab has gone a lot smoother than when I used the stock ROM
    The 6GB partition is nice
    Great thanks to Mr.Lepi too, the brightness patch really aids my eye

I just want to ask a little question about how to go to recovery mode (CWM)
    I did what you instructed, to press down power and vol up button, but I can't be in recovery..
    Do I need to keep presssing down the power button while I press the volume, or not?
    *edit : It's not an urgent question though, I managed to go to recovery using advanced power mode in gravitybox tweak, or mtk mobileuncle.. but I just curious..
    It seems very easy while using another brand of devices, yet so bothersome in my tab
    lol

Sorry for interrupting..
    Can't thank you enough..

Have a great day, and it's nice to meet you all, fellow cubetalk users
    Welcome
    Getting into recovery is really easy, just hold the power button, for about a second, then keep you finger on the volume + button. You will get a little white menu. Just use the volume up to navigate and volume - to select. I would advice to install Lepis Teamwin recovery if you can. Its really nice and alot easier to use and install modifications etc.

Comment

Originally posted by gargamel69 View Post
      Hi all and sorry for my poor english.
      I have tried GPS with a sim and works very good. But without sim GPS cant get position. Are there some way to work GPS without sim?
      Thx in advance.
      HolĂ ,
      in Android settings go to Google positioning. This gives you 3 options:
      GPS only
      GPS & WiFi
      3G & GPS
      ...or something similar. Make sure to enable the correct option for your setup.
      Which ROM do you use?

@ all:
      I'm on Brian's September ROM. I did an update flash and, as advised, cleared cache and data (NOT dalvik-cache). Today I tried GPS fix, after 15 mins I gave up, not a single Satellite found.
      Tho, I suceeded with the former ROM after like 5 mins.

Any ideas?

Comment

Try installing faster gps app. It could help you on gps positioning
        if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
        https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

can't wait to receive my tablet, should arrive next week from Banggood.
          I had bad experiences with Onda v975M, totally bricked, no success to bring it back to life so far.

Been reading that so many ppl are happy with their Cube talk 9x, so looking forward

It would be good to know in advance which sd cards will be working with the Cube.

Any ideas ?
          Last edited by skippie; 10-08-2014, 07:55.

Comment

Re: Cube Talk 9x U65GT ROM based on Cube's V 1.8 firmware of 3 September 2014

Originally posted by skippie View Post
            can't wait to receive my tablet, should arrive next week from Banggood.
            I had bad experiences with Onda v975M, totally bricked, no success to bring it back to live so far.

Been reading that so many ppl are happy with their Cube talk 9x, so looking forward

It would be good to know in advance which sd cards will be working with the Cube.

Any ideas ?
            Hello skippie! I'm from V975M forum too... You definitely made the right choice!! This tab is great!! Sold my working V1 V975M to get the Cube Talk 9x... No regrets!!!

I think you won't have issues with sd cards... Just format it to fat32.

Comment

AW: Cube Talk 9x U65GT ROM based on Cube's V 1.8 firmware of 3 September 2014

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
              Try installing faster gps app. It could help you on gps positioning
              Thanks, unfortunately it didn't work.
              Nothing happens. I'm using GPS test for the fix.

sent with my Cube Talk 9x U65GT

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Evil View Post
                Thanks, unfortunately it didn't work.
                Nothing happens. I'm using GPS test for the fix.

A frequent problem is with the AGPS service. Use engineer mode to get to GPS navigation and disable AGPS. This solved the GPS problems that I experienced. I now get a fix within 30 seconds.

Get into MTK engineer mode. Swipe right to location. Choose Location Based Service. On the AGPS tab uncheck Enable AGPS. Go to the GPS tab. Choose the Full option then press the GPS (off) button. The GPS service will start acquiring satellites. You can see acquired satellites on the view tab. My cube achieved a fix in a few seconds.

Comment

I did as you described. No effect...
                  I don't see "full option" in GPS tab. But I can hit GPS (off) button. Immediately I receive data like longitudes.
                  But still, nothing in the view tab :'(

Comment

Originally posted by ac0935p View Post
                    Get into MTK engineer mode.
                    Where can I find that or which app I need?

Comment

mtk droid tool (or mtk uncle) on play store

Comment

i use a smaller version of sim card for my Samsung S3.
                        Can I use this one in the Cube Talk 9x ?
                        And more important, will this sim card work with the Cube ?
                        Last edited by skippie; 10-08-2014, 18:49.

Comment

the cube works ONLY with micro SIM,
                          nano SIM is not supported (it's too little).

Comment

@900supersport

Hello Brian...

Would you mind telling how did you manage to get titanium backup working on your ROM? I have a MTK phone (landvo L200G) with the same issue, so I wanted to fix that... It has something to do with the superuser app, right?? Thanks!!

Comment

Yes. I've rooted using superuser.apk with su launched as as service from init.rc. On the early versions of the ROM a permissions fix was required for acceding the external SD card.
                              900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Hi Brian,
                                I am still stuck with the GPS issue. As you had some too, did you also clear dalvic cache? I only cleared cache and data.
                                I wait for satellites GPS fix like forever, nothing happens.

Sent with Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X