No announcement yet.

MK808B unbrick + upgrade to Finless 2.1 using Linux and no Windows = success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MK808B unbrick + upgrade to Finless 2.1 using Linux and no Windows = success

Looks like I'm back. I've been away for like 1.5+ years. Last I remember was talking about the underpowered power supply and how a portable playstation power supply is a good and fairly cheap option to overcome this. Without a good power supply, it crashes left and right.

I bricked my mk808b at the time, while horsing around with manually trying to change the partitioning to make it possiblet o install something beyond Finless 1.7. Ultimately, what I was after, was Android 4.2+ multi-user support, so that my (small) son would have his own desktop (and keep him away from my desktop), like I do on my tablet.
    I then got too wrapped up in stuff. I tried a few times here and there, and had a hard to going through the unbricking process. My problem is that I refuse to touch Windows. It's been one snag after another. Then after discovering that while in mask-rom mode, all those open source tools wouldn't work. Then came across flash-tool. Didn't work right away, but after retrying again and again, after changing rk31 to rk30 in places, after creating an img file from the Finless 2.1 image directory, finally, got it going again.
    If anyone needs to know how one can use just Linux, without Windows, to either unbrick, and/or upgrade the ROM, let me know, I'll walk you through it. Perhaps there already is a clear write up on this...

Originally posted by Andromoid View Post
    If anyone needs to know how one can use just Linux, without Windows, to either unbrick, and/or upgrade the ROM, let me know, I'll walk you through it. Perhaps there already is a clear write up on this...
    Yes please?

I want to flash Prahjister's Rom from here: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...4-720-amp-1080

I am currently running his older rom and have CWM recovery installed. ( which in theory lets you flash something w/out going back windoz - but I think these ROMs don't work....something about partition sizes....dunno. too many conflicting reports! )

Anyway....would love to flash the new rom but held back because getting win7 running to do the flash is a hassle for me.

thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
    X