home button(s) not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

home button(s) not working

Hey! Long time no posty but I am still playing around with my 701c and 701i.

I never installed the google market on my 701i (w/ stock ICS) as I was just side loading the things I got on the 701c market.

Anyway I finally got around to *needing* the play store on the 701i.

I used NPRS files since I already had them on my laptop. Using them caused the physical HOME key and the onscreen HOME button to become non-functional.

I removed them manually but the effect remains. I suspect the onetimeinit file.

Anyone else have similar behavior and/or a fix short of a re-flash?

PS Rocking the Nexus 7 as my "daily driver" now and it pretty nice, now if could turn one of the polardroids into a polar Nexus Q, that would be sweet.

HAPPENED TO ME TOO

Originally posted by notpod View Post
    Hey! Long time no posty but I am still playing around with my 701c and 701i.

I never installed the google market on my 701i (w/ stock ICS) as I was just side loading the things I got on the 701c market.

Anyway I finally got around to *needing* the play store on the 701i.

I used NPRS files since I already had them on my laptop. Using them caused the physical HOME key and the onscreen HOME button to become non-functional.

I removed them manually but the effect remains. I suspect the onetimeinit file.

Anyone else have similar behavior and/or a fix short of a re-flash?

PS Rocking the Nexus 7 as my "daily driver" now and it pretty nice, now if could turn one of the polardroids into a polar Nexus Q, that would be sweet.
    yeah, happened to me too... what i have to do, i must go to menu applications, select it and stop manually every time any collapse... please HELP!

Comment

Same here. Haven't tried it yet myself but someone on the forum earlier suggested installing an alternate launcher, if only temporarily. Then pressing home should pop up the 'choose application to use' window where you can choose one as default. Then it is suppose to work like usual, and you can uninstall the second launcher if you want. Seems like it should work.

Comment

this might help you all

hey it's for the 701 series, but might point you in the right direction

Comment

tried both...

Well thanks for the answers. Tried both. Still no worky. The key map file cause me to lose menu and back hardware keys also, so worse. Installed zeam and toggled back and forth a few times, no change. Will re-flash shortly...maybe try the CM ROM.

Thanks again tho!

Comment

Re: home button(s) not working

If you have 701i 13 I would caution using the CM roms. I flashed the recovery and the CM step by step and ended up losing functionality of the top 1/4 of my screen. Reflashing stock rom brought it back.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2
            Polaroid PMID701i 13
            Stock Rom from S.T.'s site
            Fully rooted
            Google's Market installed

Comment

Yeah, sorry. What I passed on didn't work for me either.

Comment

button report

problem: home key and on screen button have both quit working. (oddly they work while in the clock app)

rebooted: no change.
                reset button on back of unit: no change.
                factory reset from the settings menu: no change.

re-flash factory ICS image: FIXED!

A fresh start is not the end of the world but I surely do not like being forced into it.

Not installing any market this time around.

Prolly going to look into getting the nexus Q hub software running on it.

That is all.

Comment

Working...
                X