This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by linuxium View Post
    I've had a lot of negative comments just for expressing a view.

I've also been asked to delete this thread - which I will do once I know how.

But for anyone interested in why I posted this then here is an explanation:

If you look at all the sub-forums under the 'RK3188 Devices' you will see grouped devices. Like
    • Beelink/Tronsmart T428, MK908, etc
    • CS968, CR11s & similar sticks
    • J22, GM282, LT88, T-R42, CX919-II
    • K-R42/CS918/MK888/Jesurun
    etc.

Given that the underlying hardware on the R28 is the same as the R89 then the ROMs will be interchangeable. So to me it makes sense to combine posts on the R28 and R89 into one sub-forum and continue the approach to the 'RK3288 Device' forum the same way as the 'RK3188 Device' forum.

The current approach to the 'RK3288 Device' forum now seems very commercially focused whereas the approach to the 'RK3188 Device' forum was technically focused around ROMs.
    Good points.
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Re: This whole sub-forum appears a pointless duplication

If you look at all the sub-forums under the 'RK3188 Devices' you will see grouped devices. Like
      etc.

Given that the underlying hardware on the R28 is the same as the R89 then the ROMs will be interchangeable. So to me it makes sense to combine posts on the R28 and R89 into one sub-forum and continue the approach to the 'RK3288 Device' forum the same way as the 'RK3188 Device' forum.

The current approach to the 'RK3288 Device' forum now seems very commercially focused whereas the approach to the 'RK3188 Device' forum was technically focused around ROMs.
      Exactly. Bluetimes doesn't have a forum section because their commercial reps are not represented in this forum. Yet they were one of the first to hit the market for end users and their QPRO ROMs are compatible with Cloudnetgo CR12/13/16, MK 902ii, CS918ii, and others.

Comment

etc.

+1
        RK3288 Devices
        - Overview BOX (LINK !)
        - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
        UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

etc.

Agree on your opinion especially the last paragraph

Comment

etc.

When expressing a review, you have to accept that not everybody will agree with it.

In terms of deleting it, I don't see the value in doing so as it has promoted a discussion that may, or may not give rise to change.

When you look at the forum categories for the K-R42 for example, things started off with one model and then we started to see variations under the same name,where ROM's were not interchangeable.

Now it may well be that in this case the R28 and R89 do turn out to be similar that ROM's can be interchangeable but as has already been pointed out, there are some differences in the way that manufacturers implement features, which may not be relevant and required on one box, so it is possible that we will end up with separate ROM's anyway.

We will have to see on that score but would it not be worthwhile establishing with certainty that a ROM built for 1 can be used on the other without change before considering a merge, rather than the other way round?

There has to be an element of commercial and technical focus and it can help both sides because we as users/enthusiasts/devs want more cooperation from manufacturers and vendors to produce better devices out of the box.

The manufacturers/vendors want to sell more devices and they will have more success by having more input from users/enthusiasts/devs.

Potentially an everybody wins situation.
            R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Three final points:

1. Geekbuying requested me to close this thread. Eric can post his own justification rather than I disclose his email. It appeared to be for commercial reasons.

2. Bob says a thread can't be deleted unless it is spam but it can be closed. It is now closed. I've made my point, explained my point, so (as we say around here) suck it up princesses.

3. I'm off to somewhere else. This is no longer a technical driven forum about ROMs but one where commercial interests are overly represented.

Comment

Working...
              X