Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

R28 Meta - running out of Storage Space!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R28 Meta - running out of Storage Space!

I have a R28 Meta and have been using it largely to stream movies from my NAS. I have been using it for a few days and recently has a icon that constantly appears at the top left corner of the screen. I checked and it says "Storage Space is running out". I searched this forum plus that of BeeLink, but could not find anything on this error message. So, I have started this new thread to seek help.

My movies are usually MKV files and about 1.6 GB per episode.

I used Root Explorer and went into the \Data and found that a 1.6GB h264.bin file exists. Deleting this file solved the Storage Space issue. However when I stream another movie the next day, the Storage Space error pops up again, and I have to similarly use Root Explorer to remove the offending file.

What is causing this problem? How can I correct it permanently? Thanks in advance for the help.

I have experienced something likt this, too..

I was trying to play some movies from my nas (by ethernet) and, at some point, I had the same warning too... but I did not actually copy or install anything... on the contrary I uninstalled some useless apps and I tweaked with greenify to suspend some... to optimized every aspect of the memory... but still that warning happened... for now the message has no appeared again, but I still wonder why... never happend before for such media playing/streaming usage with other android devices...

Comment

Originally posted by jchoong View Post
      I have a R28 Meta and have been using it largely to stream movies from my NAS. I have been using it for a few days and recently has a icon that constantly appears at the top left corner of the screen. I checked and it says "Storage Space is running out". I searched this forum plus that of BeeLink, but could not find anything on this error message. So, I have started this new thread to seek help.

I used Root Explorer and went into the \Data and found that a 1.6GB h264.bin file exists. Deleting this file solved the Storage Space issue. However when I stream another movie the next day, the Storage Space error pops up again, and I have to similarly use Root Explorer to remove the offending file.

What is causing this problem? How can I correct it permanently? Thanks in advance for the help.
      Experiencing the same problem!
      Tronsmart Orion R28 Meta. Wasser Lollipop Beta 5 (very stable). Video Out: 60" 1080p LG Plasma TV-HDMI 1.3. Audio Out: Default (stable). Remote In: TaoTronics TT-MK005 Air keyboard/mouse (keys repeating). Apps: Kodi (stable), Plex (stable), WatchESPN (Stable), Amazon (Stable).

Comment

Before I do anything with XBMC and movies, I always clear out current junk with cleanmaster.

I am down to just over 200Mb of app space and often get that message but generally after a clean, i can do what I want for a while with regards to movies etc

At the moment the only other real option would be to remove some unused apps.

I'm sure that a larger app space option will be along very soon for 4Gb and even more, although you will be flashing again for it to change.
        R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions.

Actually I have very little apps installed; total installed apps take up only about 600 MB. After I delete the offending file, I have free space of 1.3 GB.

The issue as I see it is - why is the H264.bin file written into my /Data folder after I play a movie?

(I posted the above in the Tronsmart forum; sorry for the duplication but I am desperately looking for a solution)

Comment

R: R28 Meta - running out of Storage Space!

Haw do you stream from nas?what android app do you use?what kind of software server is on the nas?

Comment

I use ESExplorer to stream from my Synology NAS and then play with MXPlayer.

Yesterday I installed the FW update 109k4, and after playing my usual movies (MKV file), there was no Storage Space problem. When I used Root Explorer to check the /Data folder, the offending file H264.bin was not present. That's good, and I will continue to monitor over the next few days.

Update:
              2nd day with the new FW 109K4 and I don't get the Storage Space problem. I have not made any changes to my apps, etc, so, it seems 109K4 solved my issue.
              Last edited by jchoong; 09-20-2014, 00:32.

Comment

I use ESExplorer to stream from my Synology NAS and then play with MXPlayer.

Yesterday I installed the FW update 109k4, and after playing my usual movies (MKV file), there was no Storage Space problem. When I used Root Explorer to check the /Data folder, the offending file H264.bin was not present. That's good, and I will continue to monitor over the next few days.
                i sugget you not to sream form any of explorer, because such way you are usin a samba connection, that usually first copy the file onto your android and then play it.
                i reccoment to use a dlna server on your nas and a dlna client for your android, streamink like thi is more quick and never buffering problems ( if you have a decen wifi network)

Comment

Originally posted by gaetanolip View Post
                  i sugget you not to sream form any of explorer, because such way you are usin a samba connection, that usually first copy the file onto your android and then play it.
                  i reccoment to use a dlna server on your nas and a dlna client for your android, streamink like thi is more quick and never buffering problems ( if you have a decen wifi network)
                  In my opinion, UPnP is the far superior standard (flexible/no copyright). Thankfully, it's supported by Tronsmart, and it works extremely well. Using this method will allow u to scrape meta in XBMC so you can have a professional looking collection of movie/music - with artwork.
                  Tronsmart Orion R28 Meta. Wasser Lollipop Beta 5 (very stable). Video Out: 60" 1080p LG Plasma TV-HDMI 1.3. Audio Out: Default (stable). Remote In: TaoTronics TT-MK005 Air keyboard/mouse (keys repeating). Apps: Kodi (stable), Plex (stable), WatchESPN (Stable), Amazon (Stable).

Comment

gaetanolip and Luxilon, thanks for the suggestions. I will try out DLNA and UPnP.

Comment

Working...
                    X