Tronsmart T428 4.4 KitKat SDK + Kernel 3.10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tronsmart T428 4.4 KitKat SDK + Kernel 3.10

Is there a Tronsmart T428 4.4 KitKat SDK available?

I saw this on cnx-software:

Android 4.4.2 KitKat SDK Released for Rockchip RK3188 mini PCs: MK908, MK908 II, MK918 and A9

but all the links are down and a lot of people report they didnt work.

Also, is anyone using or working with the latest 3.10 kernel being used on RK3288 for RK3188 devices?

Unfortunately, I think you may find that manufacturer support for all the Netxeon, Beelink, Tronsmart etc.....T428, MK908, MK808 and MK808B has been abandoned by them,

The Chinese manufacturers seem to have moved onto newer devices and one can observe that as the newer devices are being developed and put on the market the manufacturer support then gets left behind (even MINIX devices)

Beta version of Kit Kat ROM for some of the above devices was issued almost one year ago and it seems it has since been abandoned by the manufacturers and there have been no more updates.

Bob Finless produced a Kit Kat custom Rom for the T428 I think based on the manufacturers beta.

I don't know if someone is working on a 3.10 kernel for these devices but I very much doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by Comeandgetme View Post
      Unfortunately, I think you may find that manufacturer support for all the Netxeon, Beelink, Tronsmart etc.....T428, MK908, MK808 and MK808B has been abandoned by them,

The Chinese manufacturers seem to have moved onto newer devices and one can observe that as the newer devices are being developed and put on the market the manufacturer support then gets left behind (even MINIX devices)

Beta version of Kit Kat ROM for some of the above devices was issued almost one year ago and it seems it has since been abandoned by the manufacturers and there have been no more updates.

Bob Finless produced a Kit Kat custom Rom for the T428 I think based on the manufacturers beta.

I don't know if someone is working on a 3.10 kernel for these devices but I very much doubt it.
      Yes, the trend seems to be sell hardware and dont worry so much about the software which makes sense for hardware manufacturers since thats the only way they can make money.

Comment

What is the best Kernel and ROM for the MK908

I know this thread is for the T428 but the category includes the Mk908. I have a MK908v3 running finless 1.8. I would like to know what other roms and kernels would work with it. I don't need wifi working but do use Bluetooth. I have an AP6210 chip in it, 1.8 works well but wanting to know if KitKat is a possibility. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
        X