a lot of Pip M9 power issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a lot of Pip M9 power issues

I bought a pipo M9 more than a year ago. I had no problem with it what so ever. Then, after a few months, I gave it to my sister. Not long after, it started charging slowly. Then, it started to lose charge fast. After that, the charging port broke. I opened it up yesterday to fix it, but I couldn't find any replacement ports in my possession, so I simply replaced it with 2 wires. Thanks to my god-awful soldering iron (the tip on it is melted...), I accidentally de-soldered a resistor or a capacitor (I can't tell). It's the one right below the DC port. I bridged it hoping it would solve the problem. I still have it though, just don't know if it works or not due to high temperature from the soldering iron. Now, the tablet charges really fast, and loses power incredibly fast as well. By that I mean it loses 1% each 10 seconds or so.

... How do I fix it? or at the very least, what is the measurement of the component I de-soldered?

why did no one reply?!?!!! I'm very desperate DX
    I found this post where the guy had the same problem as me (even with the missing component part). mikakimi says that he also encountered this problem, and when he fixed it, the red LED wasn't working. Exactly like my case. Then he went on to say that it was just a matter of replacing the battery. Now, I don't want to buy a new battery just to find out that the problem is with the charging circuit. Can anyone confirm it? PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!
    Also, is it ok to use a battery with higher mAh?

Comment

The battery circuits to these tablets are highly sensitive to fluctuations in voltage/amps. If you sister tried using a generic charger instead of the stock charger...it could have fried that circuit. The only way to fix it would be to replace the battery with another one designed specifically for the M9.

You are limited to having a battery that fits inside the case...and doesn't get hot enough to fry other components.

Sent from my P1 using Tapatalk
      Randy
      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

well, she used the charger that came with it, but then when it started having problems, I thought that the problem was with the charger's wire, so I bought her a new one that provides 0.5A less than the original. It didn't work, so I figured the problem was with the port inside the tablet. After that, I did what I mentioned above. So ,I don't think we used the new charger.
        Also, does that mean that the lost component is not important?

Comment

If you can put things back together as much like they were...and get a new M9 charger, it might work. They are cheaper than a battery.

Sent from my P1 using Tapatalk
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

I already HAVE put things together. As I mentioned, I replaced the power plug with 2 wires (I will try to find a replacement smd socket. If not, I'll make it a micro usb or.. something. I'll figure something out eventually) and the component under the DC power socket was de-soldered and most likely broken. Other than that I put everything the way it was. The charger doesn't seem to have anything wrong with it.

If the charging circuit really is broken, can I replace it with an external one? (something similar to this)

Comment

I'm not sure...I really am not that experienced with getting charging circuits working again. I have an old tablet in the closet with a very similar problem that I've pretty much given up on.
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

if the the problem is from the battery (please someone confirm that!!! D, I'm planning on making a new enclosure for the tablet out of wood. Something to make it feel more like a surface tablet, because I like those hinges on them. That also means that I will probably be able to fit a bigger battery in there. Is the size of the battery the only thing stopping me from getting a battery with more mAh? or does the software not accept higher capacity batteries for some reason?

Comment

Working...
                X