• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats people experiences with 108k4 and 109k4

post away experiences with 108k4 and 109k4

JustMe
    Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

108k4 (Finless 1.9) runs everything I throw at it just fine so im reluctant to upgrade.

Only issues I have are:
    1) MBox settings loses the 'screen position' after power down,

2) Theres no ability to force spin down external usb hard disk prior to powering off the S89. If its not already spun down at S89 power off, it stays spinning forever.

I'm waiting for a compelling reason to upgrade.

Comment

The only problems I've had
      Going from 108k4 which I found to be overall pretty good, to 109k4.
      First problem was I couldn't update tried a few times but I got stuck at googleTV boot screen. Had to re flash 108k4, then wipe system partition and 109k4 installed
      Then the only real problem is xbmc had picture freeze then would fast forward itself to catch up. And some stuttering. All of which seems to have resolved itself now
      So everything seems to work pretty nice so far.
      But don't think is quite as stable as 108k4 so I wouldn't encourage anyone to update

Comment

Ok i can confirm that glitch had boot screen lock as well and had to reload a different rom and re flash with bobs, The 109 is snapper like the launcher but seen one n 3288 forum id love to have on this box. Video studder redused alot in streaming now and better quality after (one sodering all my hdmi on 10 boxes thank Oman!) 2 nice to be able to run other builds of kodi. Got gotham beta 3 working ok and tried spmc and omans and stanes all work well omans ice films meta data wouldnt load (but sometimes thats just server issue?)

better video codex still needed as i get crisp video in show box and \kinda less in xbmc still can figger that one out? 1080 smart tv and 720 still crap shoot in xbmc. last test blown up in xbmc 1/4 screen but stanes and Omans works on in 720. goth and spmc no go on a 720.

google voice needs to be upgraded, maybe include pergus root app? cant wait to see builds from this release. but like the tweeks so far faster and becuase i had to open all the boxes was good time to remove cpu and install better cooling and paste rather then the tape made it 10 degrees cooler. installed cpu fix thanks Ant! so rasied preformance a bit as well.

all in good release.
        Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
          Ok i can confirm that glitch had boot screen lock as well and had to reload a different rom and re flash with bobs, The 109 is snapper like the launcher but seen one n 3288 forum id love to have on this box. Video studder redused alot in streaming now and better quality after (one sodering all my hdmi on 10 boxes thank Oman!) 2 nice to be able to run other builds of kodi. Got gotham beta 3 working ok and tried spmc and omans and stanes all work well omans ice films meta data wouldnt load (but sometimes thats just server issue?)

better video codex still needed as i get crisp video in show box and \kinda less in xbmc still can figger that one out? 1080 smart tv and 720 still crap shoot in xbmc. last test blown up in xbmc 1/4 screen but stanes and Omans works on in 720. goth and spmc no go on a 720.

google voice needs to be upgraded, maybe include pergus root app? cant wait to see builds from this release. but like the tweeks so far faster and becuase i had to open all the boxes was good time to remove cpu and install better cooling and paste rather then the tape made it 10 degrees cooler. installed cpu fix thanks Ant! so rasied preformance a bit as well.

all in good release.

put unit to sleep for 10min you will see it don't wake up 109k4

JustMe
          Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Not had sleep issue myself

Comment

Originally posted by JustMe View Post
              put unit to sleep for 10min you will see it don't wake up 109k4

JustMe
              No issue here either.
              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

I havent experience the Sleep/Wake issue mentioned either. Can you post exact process so I can try to replicate the issue?

Comment

I want Google voice

Comment

Originally posted by Dandroid534 View Post
                    I want Google voice
                    Whats wrong with Google Voice?

Bob
                    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                      Whats wrong with Google Voice?

Bob
                      Its really hit and miss with melee f10 pro.
                      It will do a few searches then stop, or not work at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Dandroid534 View Post
                        Its really hit and miss with melee f10 pro.
                        It will do a few searches then stop, or not work at all.
                        It is pretty well known that the audio on the Melee does not work well with this devices.
                        I have seen many reports about issues with it.
                        I used Google Voice no issue with my C310 camera MIC.

Bob
                        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                          It is pretty well known that the audio on the Melee does not work well with this devices.
                          I have seen many reports about issues with it.
                          I used Google Voice no issue with my C310 camera MIC.

Bob
                          Ok, thanks.

The weird thing is it works fine for short bursts.

Eg open xbmc will open xbmc.
                          Freaktab will search freaktab.

But after each search I cannot press mic button to do another search, although sometimes "ok Google" will let me search again.

I just find it odd it works sometimes near perfectly ad other times not at all

Comment

still on 108k4... came from 104k4... i think 104k ran cooler, but like the power down and hibernate ooptions in 108, although hibernate wakes randomly anyway...
                            Might give 109k4 a crack as Arrow and The Flash are starting next week, so there's gonna be some streaming lol... and 80 degree temps are scaring me! ( 5 episodes straight of 'Scandal' the other night and she was starting to stutter )

Addy

ok, installed 109k4 on weekend... hibernate now no longer wakes!

one issue: how can the unit be at 75 degrees on startup, idle processor state 5%, I popped the lid off and heat sink is cold, are we sure info is correct, because as soon as mine hits 80, processor is ramped down to 1200 and streaming then stutters, gonna roll back to 104k4, at least it sat on 35 on start-up and went up to 50 degrees when streaming.
                            Last edited by Addyhash; 10-06-2014, 21:58.
                            Sent from my Commodore 64 using Geos
                            My devices:
                            Tronsmart Vega S89-H: running stock 104k4 rom, rooted & racky's cpu fix.
                            Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1: running KK's dual boot kernel, Phil's touch recovery & de-bloated, over-clocked and rooted stock rom.
                            Samsung Galaxy S3: stock until warrany is over lol running JB 4.3 ...
                            HTC Incredible S: Venom rom, 'kangaroo' kernel, overclocked to 2Ghz & still kicking the Sammy's butt!

Comment

109K4

Hello,

everything is ok with 109K4 , only one thing that makes me crazy:

Pressing left on the XBOX Wireless Controller triggers the shutdown / power off menu....

Comment

Working...
                              X