NEW- Arnova 8G2 "GingerComb" 2.2 Pro ROM - BETA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW- Arnova 8G2 "GingerComb" 2.2 Pro ROM - BETA

OK folks. This is what I am calling my 2.2 "Pro" ROM.

Many of you might ask... "Why is this a Pro ROM Bob?"
    Well, what I have done is implement init.d scripting support!
    If you do not know what that is or don't really care, then you do not need this ROM!
    If your on 2.1 already and don't care to use init.d scripting, then there is no reason to flash this ROM.
    Even if you do not know what this init.d scripting is, or care to use it, again it's the same as my 2.1 "Gingercomb" ROM.
    So if you do not have 2.1 yet, you can flash this and have the same compatibility as in my 2.1 ROM.
    If you don't use the init.d scripting, it's not going to hurt you or the performance!

So now... what is init.d support?
    Well most Android OS's support init.d scripting.
    What that is, is you can put scripts a folder /system/etc/init.d and number them.
    01script.sh
    02script.sh
    etc...
    These scripts will run in the order of the number in front of the name!
    This allows you the user to TWEAK the system yourself without making ROMS!
    These scripts run every time at boot up!
    Thus you can remove them, add to them, change them and next boot, you get what tweaks you want!
    Arnova removed all this capability because they made a "consumer ROM" I put this all back in
    with a lot of hard work and testing!
    So really... this ROM is for the Android Nerds and Geeks out there that want to continue to get more performance!
    LIKE! Running the V6 SuperCharger script!

Want to know what V6 SuperCharger script is all about? Read it from the author here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=991276/

ATTENTION... In my ROM kit are now 2 README's. One is the standard read me. The other walks you through running V6 SuperCharger script! Sorry I am not going to try to write up how to use and install other init.d scripts! Google Search it and learn!

So now if you do NOT know what my 2.1 ROM is and want to learn more first..., then go here and read about it:
    http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ersion-2-1-CWM

2.2 just adds what I said above. Init.d script support!

For you “nerds” that want init.d and the best ROM I can crank out…. Here it is:

ROM -> Arnova 8G2 - "GingerComb" PRO ROM 2.2 BETA (217 megs)

Enjoy,
    Bob
    Last edited by Finless; 11-25-2012, 22:27.
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Decided to give it a go today and flashing worked without a problem.

Now I'm stuck with the same SuperUser error the others in the Arnova 10G2 2.2Pro ROM Thead have.
    Every app that needs root invokes SuperUser and SuperUser just crashes/timeout.
    Didn't even install AppInjector, because some ppl meant that could be the cause, tried es file explorer as first app, and when it checked for root, same SuperUser problem...

Will continue tomorrow, if i have time, and try to get a logcat before&after that problem happens, then maybe update SuperUser and Binary or change to SuperSu.
    If it finally works, then SuperCharger Script will be tested.

Comment

Originally posted by F636y623 View Post
      Decided to give it a go today and flashing worked without a problem.

Now I'm stuck with the same SuperUser error the others in the Arnova 10G2 2.2Pro ROM Thead have.
      Every app that needs root invokes SuperUser and SuperUser just crashes/timeout.
      Didn't even install AppInjector, because some ppl meant that could be the cause, tried es file explorer as first app, and when it checked for root, same SuperUser problem...

Will continue tomorrow, if i have time, and try to get a logcat before&after that problem happens, then maybe update SuperUser and Binary or change to SuperSu.
      If it finally works, then SuperCharger Script will be tested.
      changing to superSU is your only way forward, updating the superuser binary wont help you im afraid. the good thing is that superSU takes away all these issues :-)

Comment

Browsed the logcat, but couldn't find any specific problem why SuperUser would timeout. Even when trying to update the binary it timed out.
        Then by chance I noticed, that the ButtonSavior icon wasn't displayed, and I thought "Wasn't it running upon launch in 2.1 ROM?"
        So I updated ButtonSavior over Google Play, and I guess I tipped "Kill/Start Button Savior Service" twice inside the ButtonSavior Options.
        Now the BS Icon was shown, I tipped on it, and guess what? Magically SuperUser popped up and asked me to grant BS root rights. After that, and even after a reboot, SuperUser is now working as it should.

Comment

Strange... SuperUser worked only as long as USB-Debugging was enabled!
          I disabled USB-Debugging to mount the tablet in windows and copy over supercharger script. After that I wanted to use SManager, tipped on browse as root and the SuperUser timeout appeared again.
          Enabling USB-Debugging again and the SuperUser Prompt comes up and it works again.

Comment

I think its just easier to use superSU, rather than finding workarounds to make it work. superSU works without fault, and works consistently, superuser does neither :-)

Comment

I wish I could repeat this problem. I have made Sooooo many ROMs using the same SU and superuser and none of them have this problem. In fact many other ROMs out there use this! Including my recent RK30 ROMs and no one has complained of this.

There must be something different going on but no matter what I try, it works for me.

I am at a total loss

BTW long before SuperSU etc came along... EVERYONE was using this SU and superuser. So again... I just do not get it

Bob
              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Great Job thanks

Bob - flashed my 10G2 and am really impressed with the usability of the tablet ...Kindle, Times newspaper and Internet in general all now work smoothly with correct margins etc....as one would hope for ...

thanks

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                OK folks. This is what I am calling my 2.2 "Pro" ROM.

Many of you might ask... "Why is this a Pro ROM Bob?"
                Well, what I have done is implement init.d scripting support!
                If you do not know what that is or don't really care, then you do not need this ROM!
                If your on 2.1 already and don't care to use init.d scripting, then there is no reason to flash this ROM.
                Even if you do not know what this init.d scripting is, or care to use it, again it's the same as my 2.1 "Gingercomb" ROM.
                So if you do not have 2.1 yet, you can flash this and have the same compatibility as in my 2.1 ROM.
                If you don't use the init.d scripting, it's not going to hurt you or the performance!

So now... what is init.d support?
                Well most Android OS's support init.d scripting.
                What that is, is you can put scripts a folder /system/etc/init.d and number them.
                01script.sh
                02script.sh
                etc...
                These scripts will run in the order of the number in front of the name!
                This allows you the user to TWEAK the system yourself without making ROMS!
                These scripts run every time at boot up!
                Thus you can remove them, add to them, change them and next boot, you get what tweaks you want!
                Arnova removed all this capability because they made a "consumer ROM" I put this all back in
                with a lot of hard work and testing!
                So really... this ROM is for the Android Nerds and Geeks out there that want to continue to get more performance!
                LIKE! Running the V6 SuperCharger script!

Want to know what V6 SuperCharger script is all about? Read it from the author here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=991276/

ATTENTION... In my ROM kit are now 2 README's. One is the standard read me. The other walks you through running V6 SuperCharger script! Sorry I am not going to try to write up how to use and install other init.d scripts! Google Search it and learn!

So now if you do NOT know what my 2.1 ROM is and want to learn more first..., then go here and read about it:
                http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ersion-2-1-CWM

2.2 just adds what I said above. Init.d script support!

For you “nerds” that want init.d and the best ROM I can crank out…. Here it is:

ROM -> Arnova 8G2 - "GingerComb" PRO ROM 2.2 BETA (217 megs)

Enjoy,
                Bob

Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

Damo - Forum Moderator

Please Click the Donate Button

PS

If you are having trouble with the above link when using Tapatalk than here is the email link for donations below

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=ZYCM4NZ4J6F3G

Thank You

Comment

I wish I could repeat this problem. I have made Sooooo many ROMs using the same SU and superuser and none of them have this problem. In fact many other ROMs out there use this! Including my recent RK30 ROMs and no one has complained of this.

There must be something different going on but no matter what I try, it works for me.

I am at a total loss

BTW long before SuperSU etc came along... EVERYONE was using this SU and superuser. So again... I just do not get it

Bob
                  i updated my tablet to the new rom and now its stuck in a boot loop!?!?!?! please help!! does this mean it is bricked?
                  Thanks soooooo much!! You are awesome!
                  Need a graphic artist for games, want a sketch, painting, pm me and we can work something out!
                  FREAKTAB is FREAKIN' AMAZING!
                  Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by bdoggamer535 View Post
                    i updated my tablet to the new rom and now its stuck in a boot loop!?!?!?! please help!! does this mean it is bricked?

okay im not sure what happend but i freaked out. during my spasm i just kept turning it off and on while plugged in and now it worked....im really not sure what happend but i hope this never happens to anyone else because it freaked the crap out of me!!!
                    Thanks soooooo much!! You are awesome!
                    Need a graphic artist for games, want a sketch, painting, pm me and we can work something out!
                    FREAKTAB is FREAKIN' AMAZING!
                    Kyle

Comment

I am at a total loss

Bob
                      it is bizarre, but every single time SU is involved, nothing but problems. maybe hardware diffs somehow?

Comment

Working...
                      X