Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PMID702c first impressions from an android flashing addict!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PMID702c first impressions from an android flashing addict!

first things first im am addicted to flashing. I will boot into recovery and format my phone at least once a day. With that said i needed a new toy to play with and walked into my local biglots to pick up this tablet(i called and they had one left). I have had this for a few days and already love it,because i can mod it quite easy.

Here is what i have done to it up to now
    • installed superuser to controll root access(also updated the binary files)
    • installed titanium backup and removed all the not needed crap
    • downloaded setcpu and noticed that the stock kernel has the option to be over and under clocked(dont go to far over or it freezes the tablet)
    • also in setcpu there is a few govenors and sechedulers
    • i downloaded a google now zip from xda and flashed it and it works great
    not sure what else i noticed but its fun!!!

attempting the cm10 install but i run into a bug and get no volume
    Last edited by weirdfate; 09-08-2012, 19:52.

about to give up

i have tried all the step to get this thing into recovery mode to root the device i have new firmware 4.0v2 + original firmware, i hold home , then power 3 times like the website says. nothing other than the android bot with a red triangle. im about to take it back . even tried the one click root but it will not allow r+w just read only.

please explain ur steps as if i am the slowest dumbest noob in the universe. thanks in advance for any time you take to reply.

Comment

followed the directions here to get a recovery

Originally posted by as4904 View Post
      i have tried all the step to get this thing into recovery mode to root the device i have new firmware 4.0v2 + original firmware, i hold home , then power 3 times like the website says. nothing other than the android bot with a red triangle. im about to take it back . even tried the one click root but it will not allow r+w just read only.

please explain ur steps as if i am the slowest dumbest noob in the universe. thanks in advance for any time you take to reply.

Comment

cwm will not install via terminal

the error i get is that its not allowed nandg

exp: install-recovery.sh[8]: cannot create /dev/block/nandg: permission denied
        done

Comment

Re: PMID702c first impressions from an android flashing addict!

Extract the recovery files to the internal sd card ( /sdcard)

Then run these commands in term emulator

su
          cd /sdcard
          sh install-recovery.sh
          sh reboot-recovery.sh

Be sure the 3 files in the recovery file are extracted to the root of the internal sd:thumbup:

Sent from my Polaroid Tablet using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Check out William Kleiman's threads and install CM10. Is muy awesome.

Originally posted by weirdfate View Post
            first things first im am addicted to flashing. I will boot into recovery and format my phone at least once a day. With that said i needed a new toy to play with and walked into my local biglots to pick up this tablet(i called and they had one left). I have had this for a few days and already love it,because i can mod it quite easy.

Here is what i have done to it up to now
            • installed superuser to controll root access(also updated the binary files)
            • installed titanium backup and removed all the not needed crap
            • downloaded setcpu and noticed that the stock kernel has the option to be over and under clocked(dont go to far over or it freezes the tablet)
            • also in setcpu there is a few govenors and sechedulers
            • i downloaded a google now zip from xda and flashed it and it works great

not sure what else i noticed but its fun!!!

attempting the cm10 install but i run into a bug and get no volume

Comment

it worked!!! but . . . . . . . . .

it crashes when running apps or browsing web it will powercycle

Comment

Working...
              X