cs918 help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cs918 help please

hi guys .. I have a cs918 which boots up and runs fine on all the apps ..except xbmc .. soon as I run xbmc it comes up to the main screen with the menu bar then just freezes .. it has to then have the power removed as it freezes the full box

an help would be appreciated before put it under the front wheel of the car

thanks
    Rob

Try koying's one http://spmc.semperpax.com/
    You can install it parallel to the "official" XBMC...
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

I had similar problem, xbmc would freeze or most of the time will turn off my device, I suspected that overheating was the issue because cs918 doesn't have any kind of cooling (other than holes on the case) and when there is extreme cpu and gpu usage device would freeze or turn off.

My solution was heatsink with 5v fan. Device never froze or turned off again. I did 24 hour test (playing movies non-stop for 24 hours) and not a single problem!

My advice would be to add some kind of cooling and see how xbmc will work after that.

Comment

thanks guys ..will give both these a try

Comment

Working...
        X