X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Info about device

Hello,
    I am Near to buy this Tronsmart device, but I have some questions to make
    1) should I have the device powered 24h/day all days or I will have some types of problems?
    2)if I connect this device via hdmi to Onkyo 626 synth connected via hdmi Arc to my TV, I will have problems with audio or it should works well?
    3)in your opinion should I use it as 24h/day torrent client, ssh server, media center, samba, etc ?
    4) Will be available a fully version of Linux for this device able to play h265 videos?

I am near to change my old raspberry with this device

Thanks for answer and sorry for my bad english

Originally posted by xitpu View Post
    Hello,
    I am Near to buy this Tronsmart device, but I have some questions to make
    1) should I have the device powered 24h/day all days or I will have some types of problems?
    2)if I connect this device via hdmi to Onkyo 626 synth connected via hdmi Arc to my TV, I will have problems with audio or it should works well?
    3)in your opinion should I use it as 24h/day torrent client, ssh server, media center, samba, etc ?
    4) Will be available a fully version of Linux for this device able to play h265 videos?

I am near to change my old raspberry with this device

Thanks for answer and sorry for my bad english
    1) I have run it for 18 hours straight without issue but how it would work 24/7 I don't know.
    2) There are issues with HDMI bitstream passthrough but this is supposed to be fixed in the next ROM, SPDIF is OK, at least from my experience.
    3) Only you can really answer the question of how you wish to use the device.
    4) Tronsmart has stated that they are working on a Linux implementation.

Tronsmart also have their own community support site, so you may wish to post there as well to see what they say.

R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

BTW:
      Generally 24/7 isn't a problem
      BUT if you run the system at 100% cpu usage then you maybe will get a problem over the time (because of heat), but I don't think you will reach the 100% cpu usage all the time (and I don't talk about hours, I talk about days)
      RK3288 Devices
      - Overview BOX (LINK !)
      - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
      UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X