NEW - 900 Supersport rooted ROM for Cube U30GT Mini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW - 900 Supersport rooted ROM for Cube U30GT Mini

Well here it is my first ROM for the Cube U30GT mini. This is based on the latest cube1.3 ROM (U30GT-MINI_V1.03_20120823) and has the metro UI.
    • Rooted
    • bloat removed
    • English
    • market/play fix for more apps *
    • Clockwork Recovery by FinlessBob
    • 2 gig space for apps

Note for the market fix I've not changed build prop to spoof another device. If you want to do this it's easy either by editing build.prop by hand or using one of the editors available on google play.

here's the download, please read and follow the readme

ROM ->Cube U30GT Mini 900supersport 1.0 CWM (204 MB)

Instructions
    1. Remove sdcard before flashing otherwise it may get re formatted
    2. Unzip
    3. open the "U30GT-MINI_V1.03_20120823_900supersport1.0" folder. I've named this based on the name cube gave to the source image, if you don't like it you can rename.
    4. Connect the cube
    5. Double click the ROM Flash Tool
    6. start the cube in flash mode (hold vol+ and power for 3 to 4 seconds then release power then volume)
    7. If you do not have drivers already installed they are included with the rom kit in the drivers folder
    8. Once drivers installed the flash tool should see your cubeand update the status at the bottom
    9. Click the [Erase NAND (IDB)]button, you should see progress recorded on the right up to 4096
    10. Once complete click Flash ROM, again follow progress until done

The cube should now restart, it will pause on the peas screen (assumed as no mini to test) a while as partitions are formatted mounted and initialised

At the clockwork screen press the power button to restart (if you go on to use clockwork the volume + and - buttons scroll up and down and power is select)

The Cube should now reboot showing my boot animation and then start up in English.

All feedback appreciated

Enjoy

PS my thanks to the team here for providing the best technical info on the net on cooking ROMs
    900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post
    PS my thanks to the team here for providing the best technical info on the net on cooking ROMs
    Congrats on the new ROM!

All I can say is THANKS for being a FT Dev! It has sure helped me keep up and I am sure it helps all the people that use your ROMs
    So the thanks goes the other way for sure from me

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Calendar Sync

ROM is going well so far.
      Thank you very much.

Might need to add GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk into it.
      Otherwise the google calendar won't sync.

Cheers

Comment

Re: NEW - 900 Supersport rooted ROM for Cube U30GT Mini

Thanks, I don't think I've removed it, will check.
        900Supersport

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Comment

build prop - louncher faild to start

Note for the market fix I've not changed build prop to spoof another device. If you want to do this it's easy either by editing build.prop by hand or using one of the editors available on google play.
          I made some changes in build.prop and now I'm stack on Win8 launcher failed. How can I restore build.prob? I still able to run CWM. And Device seems fine. That is just problem with start Win8 launcher. Wipe is not helping. BTW for some reason I'm not able to flash my Cube again in same way. Can I flash your firmware from CWM? Thanks in advance.

Comment

What happens when you try to flash?
            900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

What happens when you try to flash?
              When I tried to flash it again ROM Flash Tool said that Erase NAND (IDB) is not possible. Unfortunately I do not made screenshot so I do not remember exact message text.

ROM Flash Tool saw my Cube, status was like "FOUND RKAndroit..."
              Now I think that maybe I should connect device in different USB port?

BTW I restore my build.prop by making backup from CWM and changing file in system.ext4.tar. I generate MD5 for this file and perform restoring.
              CWM said that some errors was found during the restoring but Cube run correctly. File build.prop was restored.

And one more. I not able to write any thing on Cube by connecting it lice flash drive. I see two flash drives and I can wright small files. But it coping process staking when I try to wright many small files or one big file.
              So it is not possible to copy movies or games in this way. In this case I should copy all what I need directly on microsd card.
              Do you have such problem on your Cube mini?

Thanks in any way.

Comment

I've just posted an updated ROM for the mini adding busy box and init.d support.

see

900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Calendar Sync Issue

Hello 900 Supersport!
                  First of all i want to Thank You for your hard work!
                  I have a problem with google calendar synch, in calenar app i wont see any of my calendars.
                  After some investigation i realize that where is no GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk in system folder.
                  Adding it from ICS gapps and rebooting give me result, now i have my calendar synched.
                  Maybe you can add it to you future releases?
                  Sorry for my bad english ))

Comment

Thanks i'll look at doing that
                    900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

app space

Is it possible to extend space for apps up to 4-6 GB ?
                      Right now I have problem with missing some apps after each reboot. Such apps will appear after rebooting. I think that such problem can be a result of moving cache to other partition. I using now stock firmware (1.03) rooted by one click.

Do you know anything about problem of missing apps?

Comment

Bigger is possible, the 2 gigs of space allocated in my ROM will make a big difference to you, I'd suggest you try it.

I've never had issues with loosing apps on reboot.
                        Last edited by 900supersport; 10-13-2012, 11:25. Reason: spell Checkers
                        900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

What is the latest custom rom for CUBE mini?
                          It is difficult to track.

You also do some fixes which should be done after flashing. Could you please implement it in new rom?

Comment

1.1 is the version you wan't, I'll ask bob to un-pin 1.0 and pin 1.1

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ll=1#post26328

New ROMs will include the fixes. The patches/fixes I release can be applied without a full re-flash so all user apps and settings are undisturbed.
                            Last edited by 900supersport; 10-13-2012, 12:48. Reason: added comment re ROM updates
                            900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Bootanimation?

Hi Brian,

I have been looking into boot animations and have read Damo's tutorial which is excellent.
                              However I noticed that on your 900Supersport ROM there is a Freaktab screen just before the Cube boot animation. What is this screen and how/where is it stored on the tablet?

Many thanks for your help.

Jez

Comment

Working...
                              X