Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MXQ S85 Changing default audio to HDMI passthrough

Hi everyone i purchased 2 of theseMXQ S85 Amlogic S805 Quad-Core

im having problems with the audio settings every time it it switched off it reverts to default SPDIF passthrough
    i have tried everything i can think off to keep it on HDMI passthrough but nothing seems to work on both boxes

any advice would be very helpful thanks

Is your box rooted? I think the launcher settings apk settings are stored in data partition. There you have to find the app name folder & search for some sqlite database or xml file. Probably those have stored this information.

Comment

Originally posted by csgabe View Post
      Is your box rooted? I think the launcher settings apk settings are stored in data partition. There you have to find the app name folder & search for some sqlite database or xml file. Probably those have stored this information.
      Thanks for the help
      I have found this in audio policy

attached_always_devices DEVICE_OUTPUT_ALWAYS_WITH_AUX_DIGITAL

do you think this is it ?

Comment

First uncheck "digital audio auto detection", now select hdmi passthrough, then reboot. See if that works. If not, do the following:
        Download Smanager, write a script containing these two commands:
        Code:
        echo "2" > /sys/class/audiodsp/digital_raw
        echo "audio_on" > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/config
        Run this script on startup.

Comment

Hi thanks I did the uncheck it still reverts back to spdif when the power is removed sorry for my ignorance how do I run the script at startup?

Comment

Download Smanager. Select More button New script. After writing the script, select more button advanced->Scheduler->Add new task->select file, click boot icon to set it run at boot & probably you have to select run as root too.
            Here are some tutorials:

Smanager manual:

Comment

I think quotation marks are not needed on those echo commands.
              If you didn't manage to do it the first way, you could try an easier way to set to HDMI passthrough, edit build.prop "ubootenv.var.digitaudiooutput"
              value.
              Code:
              ubootenv.var.digitaudiooutput=HDMI passthrough

Comment

Originally posted by csgabe View Post
                I think quotation marks are not needed on those echo commands.
                If you didn't manage to do it the first way, you could try an easier way to set to HDMI passthrough, edit build.prop "ubootenv.var.digitaudiooutput"
                value.
                Code:
                ubootenv.var.digitaudiooutput=HDMI passthrough
                Hi thanks again the second option would work for me but it keeps saying errors while saving I don't think I have root access or I'm doing something wrong thanks for helping

Comment

Hi I managed to edit the build.prop file at that point but the box still boots to spdif output and if I change it to hdmi after it's unplugged from the power it reverts back to spdif I think it's a firmware issue possibly

Comment

Originally posted by baitm8 View Post
                    Hi I managed to edit the build.prop file at that point but the box still boots to spdif output and if I change it to hdmi after it's unplugged from the power it reverts back to spdif I think it's a firmware issue possibly
                    Apart from the problem you have with spdif how do find this box does xbmc 13.2 run stable without rebooting?

Comment

Originally posted by Eri View Post
                      Apart from the problem you have with spdif how do find this box does xbmc 13.2 run stable without rebooting?
                      As I thought I got new firmware from the supplier and it was cured I found the box runs xbmc 13.1 flawless no problems at all will try 13.2 when I get a chance thanks for helping

Comment

As I thought I got new firmware from the supplier and it was cured I found the box runs xbmc 13.1 flawless no problems at all will try 13.2 when I get a chance thanks for helping
                        I deleted the xbmc that was on the box and installed 13.2 all I get is audio but no video have tried installing 13.1 again but same problem is there a custom xbmc that is installed on the mxq if so have you got a copy?

Comment

Hi just do a full factory reset make sure the 2 boxes are unticked then when the box restores connect to the wifi and the one designed for the box should be re- installed Best to backup any apps or stuff you have on the box as everything will be lost
                          thanks

Comment

Hi just do a full factory reset make sure the 2 boxes are unticked then when the box restores connect to the wifi and the one designed for the box should be re- installed Best to backup any apps or stuff you have on the box as everything will be lost
                            thanks
                            Thanks that worked does the new firmware you got from your seller let you play 1080p smoothly? Firmware on my 1 is dated in August?

Comment

Hdmi fault

I've had a problem with the Hdmi on this device but unsure whether it's related to the above?

The picture is unstable, becomes chequered like a weak digital signal and then flicks to a blank screen every now and then.

any ideas? The sellers technical line is useless .

I have tried other Hdmi leads with no success. It is stable via the av output but poor quality.

Comment

Working...
                              X