Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mk908 and all RK3188 sticks with sixaxis controller or other joystick to touch screen problems - solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mk908 and all RK3188 sticks with sixaxis controller or other joystick to touch screen problems - solution

Hi guys,
    I dont think anyone has posted this before but the MkK908 (and a lot of other TV sticks) has an issue in that USB joystick gold and Sixais controller cannot do their usual trick of mapping buttons to touches on the screen. Upon research this is because of how our input subsystem has been made none standard.

The solution is to install the files from this archive http://d-h.st/ZJf
    inside you find two files libinput.so and framework-res.apk

copy libinput.so in /system/lib
    copy framework-res.apk /system/framework
    assign the same file permissions of old files
    reboot

You will probably need root explorer to set the correct permissions of RW - R -R

you will get some quick reboots as you copy the files over. Then do a full reboot. Fire up six axis controller from the market (get the latest from the market as this adds support for kitkat and solves some long standing issues too) and you can set up touch emulation/profiles for games such as Expendable rearmed. Making sure you have your game set to touch input.

I have done this using the 1.8 Finless rom and all is good. the only thing I had to do was set the offset for touch to -90 degrees in the sixaxis controller.

I should add the files above are not my own, they came from the Dev for droidmoteto solve a similar issue with his software on all RK3188 devices. His original post can be found on - http://www.videomap.it/forum/viewtop...5b4160ec0e67f1 I was going to do my own mod to the finless rom to fix this issue until I found this solution in the droidmote forum gave it a try and it worked. Happy days!

Iirc this solution was posted by finless bob already about half a year ago, but its still good to have its own thread about tue issue

Comment

Working...
    X