Pipo S1S stuck on TWRP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo S1S stuck on TWRP

after flashing RileyRom found on this forum i'm stuck on the TWRP and i can't boot anymore since it has no ROM installed on
    it says i can only install .zip roms
    can you please help me ?
    i can only find .img ROMs

Originally posted by midamode View Post
    after flashing RileyRom found on this forum i'm stuck on the TWRP and i can't boot anymore since it has no ROM installed on
    it says i can only install .zip roms
    can you please help me ?
    i can only find .img ROMs

Comment

IMG ROMs must be flashed from a PC.
      Randy
      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
        IMG ROMs must be flashed from a PC.
        it can't be detected on pc , so the only way is the TWRP

Comment

The solution is to resolve what's keeping you from connecting to your PC. The preferred way to flash the ROM is through the flash tool in Windows.

1. The driver's must be installed in Windows (read the First Time User's Guide for instructions on how to install the drivers).
          2. The drivers won't work in Windows 8.1, so you must use an earlier version of Windows to flash.
          3. Use a USB 2.0 port...not USB 3.0..
          4. Use the USB cable that came with the tablet...yes, it makes a difference.

There are several combinations of external buttons to push to get into manual flash mode. The S1S isn't listed specifically here, but you can try until you find the right combination:

DS820 803D: press the M key for a few seconds, at the same time press “reset”, release M key until the tool finds out your tablet.

M8 M9(android4.1.1) : press the ESC key for a few seconds, at the same time press “reset”, release ESC until the tool finds out your tablet.

M1 M2 U2 S1: press the “ volume –“ key for a few seconds, at the same time press “reset”, release” Volume – “ until the tool finds out your tablet.

M3 M5 U1 U3 S2 S3: press the “ volume +“ key for a few seconds, at the same time press “reset”, release” Volume + “ until the tool finds out your tablet.

M6(android4.2.2):press the “ volume +“ key for a few seconds, at the same time press “power”, release” Volume + “ until the tool finds out your tablet.

M7pro U8 M8pro M9 M9pro(android4.2.2):press the “ESC“&“power” key for a few seconds,no need of pressing reset key.

Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

One thing you might be having trouble with is the boot loader file.

When you flashed the ROM, did you check the first line of the list and install the RK30xxLoader(L)_V1.22.bin file? You should do this. It is unchecked by default. That's if you are upgrading to Jellybean from the early ICS ROM's.

If that's the problem, I don't think flashing a TWRP zip file will help, but I've made one for you to try:

You'll need to copy this file to your external sd and try to install it from TWRP. I'm not sure it will work, but it's worth a try.
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Donate here

Comment

That's what happens when i try flashing the rom u gave

Comment

What happens when you try to boot to loader mode from TWRP? You need to flash this ROM from your PC.
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

isn't there any missing files on the ROM u gave me ?

Comment

The zip file I linked above is only designed for installing form CWM or TWRP. If you want the whole RileyROM, you will need to download it from the ROM thread. I assumed since you already flashed the ROM...you already had the rest.

By flashing the RileyROM from your PC, you will install stock recovery first so all of the partitions will be formatted correctly before TWRP will work. You also can't flash parameter files from TWRP format because the partition sizes can't change this way.

Just follow the instructions in the First Time User's Guide for flashing the RileyROM and make sure you check the boot loader...and select a parameter file with appropriate space for your apps.

Depending on which parameter file you originally flashed...you may have exceeded the total NAND flash size. I'm not sure what it is...but for instance, if you only have 8gb NAND...you can only use the 4gb or 6gb parameter files. Flashing a parameter file greater than what total NAND you have will cause the tablet to not boot, and TWRP won't mount anything.
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Donate here

Comment

on top of that it's stuck , can't boot on boot loader
                      it doesn't charge
                      stuck on 0%

Comment

Working...
                      X