Cloud Media Open Hour Chameleon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody (e.g. Finless Bob) got any opinions on this new Device that will use the RockChip RK 3288 processor? This may be the next box I need to own for playing XBMC sourced movies. Suppose to be on sale in a week or two.

I may be trading in my Minix X8-H for this as it can play 3D and has HEVC capability. The specs indicate more than enough processing power. Aluminum case is nice and the optional remote control appears light years ahead of the M-1.

Rockchip is not nearly as visually appealing as AMlogic. The rest of the specs I can deal with and 3D ISO support is still to be negotiated with RockChip. Open hour left a lot of loop holes in their previous product offerings, who is to say it won't happen again?

Rather wait it out and see if they deliver.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Wait and watch out for reviews

Its available and on sale from Oct 6th.

I was going to buy this but having read reviews on their earlier products and support, I have decided to wait and see reviews about this product as well.

However, other big advantage with this box is that it is bootable from an SD card. So no worries about bricking. I have a dead GM282 with me which I cannot revive since its NAND flash went bad. Hence my particular interest in this box, apart from other advantages which early adopters need to verify.

Anyone knows about any other boxes coming out which can boot from SD flash card?
      Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta
      CS968 -> HTC_T018 v4 20131216 with MTK
      GM282 (aka CX 919 II aka J22) - dead

Comment

Working...
      X