No announcement yet.

Launcher Info - Please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Ken, did you know that you can download icon packs for nova? A really cool set of icons I like on the big screen are the "gel icon pack". Try searching on Google playstore there's loads of addons to customise each icon.
    I tried the gel icon pack and found all my icons had been "homogenized." There was little to distinguish between them any more. I remove the gel icon pack. If you meant I had to go and customize each icon........

I did go back and adjust to add more columns. Nova allows us to resize widgets. I really wish they would allow us to make the icons larger. Not quite tiles......., just somewhat bigger to fill up some of the extra space between them.

Ken
    Last edited by kenj66; 10-20-2014, 07:56.
    Beelink S82 M8B MediaBox ... Android Kitkat 4.4.2 ... Vigica MX3 Air Mouse (Aerb, Sannysis) ... Logitech K400r
    SIMPLE MEDIA CENTER USING GOOGLE DRIVE
    LOGITECH K400r INSTRUCTIONS/RECOMMENDATIONS FOR ANDROID TV
    ANDROID EXTERNAL KEYBOARD SHORTCUT KEYS [DOCUMENTATION]
    NOVA LAUNCHER SET UP FOR INTERNET TV
    DOCUMENTATION?

Comment

Try these out

You can set it up to be Old people proof - I know my dad uses it and you can get it to display big icons out of the box for free and if you get bored with it etc then use this:-

Team UX
      http://www.ultimatexbmc.com/

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-ULTIMATE-XBMC

Comment

Originally posted by kenj66 View Post
        If you meant I had to go and customize each icon........
        Ken
        Yeah you can customise every icon individually from multiple icon addon packs if you have the time and patience.
        Minix Neo X7 - Wasser 1.0.4 OC'd - Kodi-helix with passthrough
        Beelink M8B - Wasser 1.0.3 - Kodi-helix alpha 2 + SPMC

Comment

Was good if we could get this working in our android boxes: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...layer-Launcher

Comment

Try these out
            https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....go.launcherex

You can set it up to be Old people proof - I know my dad uses it and you can get it to display big icons out of the box for free
            I excitedly tried Go Launcher EX and it immediately put the screen in portrait mode with the top on the left. I had quite a time using my new air mouse to recover. I tried locking the screens in landscape mode and that helped but all the Setup screens still forced the viewing sideways! Sorry, this was a bad experience for me. I quickly uninstalled.

Yeah you can customise every icon individually from multiple icon addon packs if you have the time and patience.
            When I was young I might have spent the time for endless customization. I can't futz with this box forever. I need to stabilize this platform and treat it like an appliance - then introduce it to the wife. SHE has very little patience for these sorts of things. She really doesn't want to learn anything new. So, it has to be very intuitive and drop-dead simple.

Blessings,

Ken
            Beelink S82 M8B MediaBox ... Android Kitkat 4.4.2 ... Vigica MX3 Air Mouse (Aerb, Sannysis) ... Logitech K400r
            DOCUMENTATION?

Comment

Originally posted by tiguy82 View Post
              Was good if we could get this working in our android boxes: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...layer-Launcher
              Yes, I too would like "Lollipop Launcher" from the new Nexus TV.

Ken
              DOCUMENTATION?

Comment

When I was young I might have spent the time for endless customization. I can't futz with this box forever. I need to stabilize this platform and treat it like an appliance - then introduce it to the wife. SHE has very little patience for these sorts of things. She really doesn't want to learn anything new. So, it has to be very intuitive and drop-dead simple.

Blessings,

Ken
                I love to futz buddy but you have to call it a day at some point. I have 2 different boxes so I can get away with it. Although I get "what the hell have you done? I can't find anything now!" but I have awesome selective hearing

Best thing now is to start playing with XBMC / SPMC and start getting used to that. I've just got my 60yr old dad going with media streaming and he's on the phone every 10 mins, usually lost within the menus but he's getting there now.....

Have fun buddy
                Minix Neo X7 - Wasser 1.0.4 OC'd - Kodi-helix with passthrough
                Beelink M8B - Wasser 1.0.3 - Kodi-helix alpha 2 + SPMC

Comment

Hi ant

I showed your most recent reply to my wife and we had a good laugh Thank you! I am trying to preempt that kind of response in my wife.

If you happened to read my recent posts in the air mouse topic in this forum you would know now that I have had a major set back in my project. Not knowing what was causing the substantial problems in my S82 I uninstalled Nova Launcher as a measure for troubleshooting. Turns out the new Mii K25A air mouse has been causing more and more problems so I went back to the Logitech K400r keyboard/trackpad and now all is well. I don't think all Mii K25A units are bad but this one definitely is. I'll call geekbuying tomorrow since it is 7:45 PM here right now.
                  Edit: Returned via Amazon.

Ken
                  Last edited by kenj66; 10-23-2014, 04:15.
                  DOCUMENTATION?

Comment

Re: Launcher Info - Please!

I decided to play a little bit more with launchers and now I am using Nova Launcher.

I think is one of the best choices.

This is how my android box looks right now

Comment

Thanks for posting, tiguy82. I just recieved the Tronsmart TSM-G62C air mouse and it works much better. Look for first impressions on a nearby topic. Typing on it now.

I reinstalled Nova Launcher. I created Chrome browser shortcuts and added the shortcuts widget which I found I could expand out to display more than a dozen. Here I will try my first screen shot.
                      [IMG]/storage/emulated/0/Pictures/Screenshots/Screenshot_2014-10-24-13-41-52.png[/IMG]

How the !@#$%&* do you post screenshot anyway? This seems way too hard.
                      DOCUMENTATION?

Comment

Thanks for posting, tiguy82. I just recieved the Tronsmart TSM-G62C air mouse and it works much better. Look for first impressions on a nearby topic. Typing on it now.

I reinstalled Nova Launcher. I created Chrome browser shortcuts and added the shortcuts widget which I found I could expand out to display more than a dozen. Here I will try my first screen shot.
                        [IMG]/storage/emulated/0/Pictures/Screenshots/Screenshot_2014-10-24-13-41-52.png[/IMG]

How the !@#$%&* do you post screenshot anyway? This seems way too hard.
                        I use Tapatalk, search for it on Play Store

Comment

Good grief, another app for that? And another log in?? Seems like everything is a workaround for this system. Little is seamless. Waaaaaay too complicated!

Here is a screenshot of my Nova Launcher Home screen. I managed to copy the png file from the Android TV box to a public share on my Win 7 system, then I uploaded to Google Drive and shared it there. And still this forum won't take the URL

So, here is a link to my screenshot:
                          https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxYAW8HezI5saWVNbWFrMzdnUEk/view?usp=sharing

My main objective is to create an alternative to cable TV channels which my wife can click on a shortcut, which will bring up a web page in a web browser listing available videos. This MUST be seamless as possible - otherwise it is a dead project! Some websites still use Adobe Flash and Chrome browser doesn't so I had to create individual links using the Dolphin browser for those. Setting this up is still too hard!

BTW, do you think a separate topic to discuss Nova Launcher would be a good idea?

Ken
                          Last edited by kenj66; 10-25-2014, 00:30.
                          DOCUMENTATION?

Comment

You need something like this, I guess: http://www.tvaddons.ag

Comment

It looks like you are suggesting XBMC. I am not a Media Center kind of guy. Many of the TV outlets we watch maintain websites with full recent episodes available for free, on demand. The Chrome shortcut widget is ideal except for the fact it has a known problem where it doesn't populate the shortcuts with thumbnails. See the link posted above to see what I mean.

Ken
                              DOCUMENTATION?

Comment

Pictures

If you want to post pictures you have to ways to do it:
                                1. insert a picture from an external link via [Insert Image] (e.g. from http://tinypic.com/index.php)...
                                2. as an [Attachments] via the button at top and after the upload do an [insert inline] (at the cursor position at the text)...
                                RK3288 Devices
                                - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                                - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                                UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                                Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                                Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                                Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Working...
                                X