• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A quick question about the x7

Hi, excuse the ignorance...

Minix neo x7...

The difference between the 8gb and the 16gb models

if your purely using it for xbmc, does it make any difference in terms of performance between the 8, and 16gb models?

regards and thanks in advance..

While the memory is an advantage since it will allow you to install more apps as well as more add-on's for XBMC itself. It also provides more space for caching, storage of videos, pictures and/or music.

There are other advantages to the x7 vs the x7 mini...

The Dual band Wifi is a big one... the 2.4Ghz band is getting pretty full... the 5Ghz isn't as much making it less likely to have interference from other 2.4Ghz devices. The external antenna also makes a big difference in reception.

If I were buying a new box today... I'd look at the x8-H instead... It may not be enough of an upgrade to replace an x7 but it does have better performance which does help smooth things out.

Comment

That does make sense, so even though you might only install xbmc with room to spare, by having a 16gb model, it helps with the performance ,

i wasn't sure.. but you've answered my Q's...

thanks for taking the time,

regards.

Originally posted by rdsok View Post
      While the memory is an advantage since it will allow you to install more apps as well as more add-on's for XBMC itself. It also provides more space for caching, storage of videos, pictures and/or music.

There are other advantages to the x7 vs the x7 mini...

The Dual band Wifi is a big one... the 2.4Ghz band is getting pretty full... the 5Ghz isn't as much making it less likely to have interference from other 2.4Ghz devices. The external antenna also makes a big difference in reception.

If I were buying a new box today... I'd look at the x8-H instead... It may not be enough of an upgrade to replace an x7 but it does have better performance which does help smooth things out.

Comment

Working...
      X