Do I need to bin my box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I need to bin my box?

Really hope someone can advise me as I am totally lost with this.
    I was happily watching TV on my S82 box (round 4k one) when it all went beige! Tried turning it off and on but it wouldnt come back to life.
    I ended up thinking maybe a different firmware would do the trick and have been able to get the USB burner to write the S82B_108K4.img onto it showing 100% and success. Now it still doesnt want to boot up!
    The light goes blue and the TV thinks about doing something but in the end it is all black. I tried updating by SD card but nothing seems to happen. No recovery screen has ever come up.
    I even opened it up to see if there was anything going bad there but nothing looks out of the ordinary to me (although I'm not really sure what I am looking for).
    I am all out of ideas but would love to salvage it if possible (it was working great until this).

Does anyone have any ideas what this is or does it sound like it needs throwing in the bin?

First would be to have try it on different Monitor, different HDMI Cable.

Then panic

Cheers
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Do you have an output at A/V? Maybe you can manage to get it back via this way (HDMI settings)...
      Worst case: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...tput-from-HDMI
      RK3288 Devices
      - Overview BOX (LINK !)
      - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
      UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Working...
      X