No announcement yet.

Tronsmart Orion 3288 Wifi Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finally found the fault of my wifi issue, maybe it will help other people too.

I took my router's wifi antenna which is longer and put it on my RK3288 TV Box and put the box's antenna that is shorter on my router.
    Now wifi works perfect.
    You can also buy a replacement wifi antenna, something like this

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
      I finally found the fault of my wifi issue, maybe it will help other people too.

I took my router's wifi antenna which is longer and put it on my RK3288 TV Box and put the box's antenna that is shorter on my router.
      Now wifi works perfect.
      You can also buy a replacement wifi antenna, something like this

http://www.amazon.com/WIFI-10-dBi-2-...ANNNJ8N7R98ZSD

A very interesting solution.

What made you think to try it?
      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
        A very interesting solution.

What made you think to try it?
        I attached the TV Box Antenna about 10 different times and even bend it sideways and moved the box to different positions, nothing worked. Decided to put box next to the router and still wifi would freeze.
        I also tried the 2014/10/11 firmware from the manufacture and still the same issue, so I reckoned it couldn't be the software.
        Decided maybe the router's longer antenna might improve signal, that's the only thing I didn't try yet. The antenna fitted more firmly and voila, no freezing issues anymore. The original antenna doesn't fit 100% on the box but still works with my router, so now I'm happy it's wasn't an internal wifi hardware issue.

Comment

I don't think it's because of better or worth fitting
          1. as longer the antenna as more dbi (normally) as "smaller" the beam angle (more focused)
          2. I think the router has more transmission power (tx) then the ap6xxx, so the router can better handle the shorter antenna (less dbi, enhanced beam angle)

But I have no idea why wifi would freeze if you put the box next to the router...
          RK3288 Devices
          - Overview BOX (LINK !)
          - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
          UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Working...
          X