My MK808 is dead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SolidMetal View Post
    Just been looking over this topic and i had a problem with my MK808 for a couple of weeks, it started off with the loading screen freaking out on me (i'm using finless 1.7) then when it did load up everytime i would click the browser of xbmc it would freak out and close back to the desktop, i tried new power plug with no luck, even tried to connect it to the pc but no luck, so long story short it was in fact the usb cable to the plug and unit, i was lucky to have one on spare that had never been used and now it works like a champ, maybe you could try to find a replacement cable and see if that helps.
    Hi! Do you mean the USB cable used to power the device (from power source to it)? Interesting... i will try it now!

Comment

It's incredible!

Well...

I tried to replace the usb cable (power source) with my "old" Sony camera one and voilĂ ! It works!! Initially the image was wrong, with points, some kind of "static" and blinking some times and the sound was with some kind of hiss. I guessed that was an HDMI issue... And that was! My TV is 720p and not 1080p and the rom I'm using was 1080p by default (it is not a Finless ROM). I've changed the screen configuration and everything is running as it should!! See this video

Now my question is: it is safe to replace again my ROM by a Finless ROM, or i should keep everything as is?? The logic says that now I can do anything, but I must confess that the USB problem was so weird that I'm unsure about do it again :/
      Last edited by derekwildstar; 10-27-2014, 13:21.

Comment

Actually, the 720p Finless ROM has a small bug --- it's set to output 1080p by default. The only way to fix this is to connect it to a 1080p TV, then go into settings and switch it to 720p resolution, then power off. The 720p ROM wouldn't even work on my 1080i TV, it had to be connected to a 1080p screen in order to see anything. Finless ROM also has a bug where it cannot connect to wifi networks that use WEP encryption.

edit: btw, good job SolidMetal for thinking of that. I actually had no problem with the cable that was included with the mk808b, but a few months ago I did replace it with a different one anyway because the included cable felt a little cheap. I'm not sure if cable length makes a difference, but my new one is also shorter which might be a good thing

Comment

I'm glad that the usb cable worked for you, i just read over what was being said and thought to myself "i had that kind of problem" so i thought i would try to add something to your topic.

Comment

I definitely feel that a cheap cable makes a difference....i have a fan connected to mine that is powered from by usb hub that is connected to otg port. When i would do something cpu intensive with cheap cable installed i could hear the fan change speed. Since i changed my power cable the fan stays at the same speed no matter what i do. I actually made mine. I took a factory cable cut it apart and replaced with 1 pair from a cat 6 solid conductor bulk cable that i had. looks like hell but works well. The little short cable that comes with the stick works well it is just too short for my setup.
            Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Yes!

The USB cable was the main problem! I would never think about it.

The situation related by prahjister is really weird and it's a proof that bad usb cables can be responsible by several problems apparently without solution.

My electronics knowledges are very limited. I never would imagine that an apparently normal conductor cable can be influenced by, e.g., intense CPU usage on the device

Well everything is OK now! Thank you all

Comment

Working...
              X