Share your experience reselling the custom programmed tv boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Share your experience reselling the custom programmed tv boxes

This may be for those of you that have already established a working business reselling these various android TV boxes from china. I personally have only tried to sell a few via craigslist but have found much to my dismay that the response has been less than over whelming. We all know we can get the boxes fairly cheaply from China and we also know it takes a considerable amount of work to get them working acceptably for the average non tech consumer. Once the work has been done especially with XBMC and it's various plugins to get a rich entertainment experience that a reasonable profit should be acceptable over the raw cost of the product. However, my experience with craigslist dictates you get two kinds of buyers 1) the ones already familar with raw product cost via ****, amazon or the Chinese resellers and feel the cost of the programming work should be free or 2) the non tech types who think you are selling a new satellite system or something or a complete replacement for their cable TV system. So I guess what I'm looking for is tips from successful sellers especially via craigslist and maybe a general discussion of how to make selling these a viable business. I understand if no one wishes to share but thought it a topic you don't often see here and worthy.

Cheers,
    Vec

Originally posted by veclinux View Post
    This may be for those of you that have already established a working business reselling these various android TV boxes from china. I personally have only tried to sell a few via craigslist but have found much to my dismay that the response has been less than over whelming. We all know we can get the boxes fairly cheaply from China and we also know it takes a considerable amount of work to get them working acceptably for the average non tech consumer. Once the work has been done especially with XBMC and it's various plugins to get a rich entertainment experience that a reasonable profit should be acceptable over the raw cost of the product. However, my experience with craigslist dictates you get two kinds of buyers 1) the ones already familar with raw product cost via ****, amazon or the Chinese resellers and feel the cost of the programming work should be free or 2) the non tech types who think you are selling a new satellite system or something or a complete replacement for their cable TV system. So I guess what I'm looking for is tips from successful sellers especially via craigslist and maybe a general discussion of how to make selling these a viable business. I understand if no one wishes to share but thought it a topic you don't often see here and worthy.

Cheers,
    Vec
    Hi I agree that trying to resell on **** etc. is too competitive and therefore margins have to be low because many are doing a simple universal XBMC set up to suite a wide audience. Setting up boxes to provide non tech types is where the best margins can be had but advertising is difficult and can be costly.
    I market my sales via friends and personal networking. The loss of Sky Satellite transmissions in southern and eastern Europe has created a demand for UK Expats seeking there TV viewing. However the move from satellite to IPTV needs a good reliable and quality service and these can only be found with the various subscription offering. The general free stuff available via XBMC needs constant support and updating which can be a real turn off for that audience. In your area Zoomcast is a sensible way to go. Also they are looking for resellers for their service.
    Hope this was of help?

Comment

Working...
    X