Dumb easy question about MK902ii power plug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dumb easy question about MK902ii power plug

I know that there's no such thing as a stupid question, but I have one.

For whatever reason, I have decided to put a RikoMagic MK902ii in my car. To do this, I need to get a power inverter or other DC power source. I cannot find, anywhere, a definitive statement on the size of the DC plug required for this box. Does anyone know? Those barrel plugs come in a zillion sizes, so I'm not sure what size to get. I'm guessing the outside diameter is 5mm or 5.5mm and the inside is 2.1mm or 2.5mm? But it's impossible to tell from the pictures online, and the specs never say. Does anyone know the size of the barrel plug for the MK902ii?

normally 5V DC use 5,5 x 2,1 mm ...
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Hi,
      I think you can also power it using the USB host port if you want to.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCyrix View Post
        Hi,
        I think you can also power it using the USB host port if you want to.
        Really? That would make my life much simpler. I have the unit now (still don't know how to measure the plug size for sure) but I'll have to check if it takes power via USB. Thanks for suggesting this!

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
          normally 5V DC use 5,5 x 2,1 mm ...
          Thanks for the reply! I have the unit now, so all I have to do to test this is find a cable. There's also the suggestion below that the unit may take power from USB, in which case I already have a 3A USB car charger that I can use.

Comment

Enter the following into search on **** and it will give you the cable required, if the dimensions provided earlier are correct: 'USB to DC5.5mm 2.1mm Power Charger Cable'

Comment

Working...
            X