Pipo Max M9: Damaged power & home buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo Max M9: Damaged power & home buttons

As you may have seen in the topic discussing replacement batteries for this model, although successfully replacing said batteries, I have, in the process, damaged the home and power buttons on the top edge of the device.

These are the only physical buttons on the device, and if they don't work, obviously make the tablet rather hard to use!

The buttons are soldered directly onto the PCB, and the power button assembly actually seems to be coming loose from the PCB.

The main problem, though is that the bits of plastic that protrude from the assembly have either been badly bent and are likely to snap off altogether (power button) or have come off already (home button).

I refer to the black bits visible on these PCB switches, although, as I'm at work right now, I can't verify whether these are quite the same as those in the Pipo M9 or not:

Anyone else managed to break theirs and then replace them? Worried it's going to mean a lot more disassembly and some very fiddly soldering.

Just did the same to my M6 Pro today while trying to replace the touch screen.

I tried to solder the switch back but could not get it to work.

I even tried to close the circuit on the PCB to make the tablet turn-on without success.

Comment

My M8Pro has fallen one year ago, and same problem, but the power button is different as yours.

We have succesfully resolder it but we have lost the screen so be careful.

The tablet is working but only through hdmi even after changing ribbon screen.

Some firmware can turn on the tablet when plugging the outlet

Comment

i have a pipo m9 tablet with a damaged power button ,is anyone managed to replace power button with success to feedback review or what part exactly have to change ,is this the right one ? ,thanks

http://www.****.com/itm/290913202875...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Comment

Originally posted by tpapo View Post
          i have a pipo m9 tablet with a damaged power button ,is anyone managed to replace power button with success to feedback review or what part exactly have to change ,is this the right one ? ,thanks

http://www.****.com/itm/290913202875...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
          I asked from Pipo (Anna Ye) about the switches and they can sell both switches for 10 USD including shipping. I didn't order yet, I was thinking of exchanging the switches since I don't need the other one ;-)

SMD switches can be a pain to remove though with ordinary tools, but I have access to a hot-air rework station at work. I replaced the USB connector on my daughters Nokia phone this autumn with it too ;-)

Comment

bump, i need a replacement switch for power button on M8, anyone ever find out what the part number is? or a compatible switch?

Comment

Working...
            X