Best RK3288 device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by simoneg76 View Post
    It's great, but I think is PCB v2, is it ?
    Its PCB v2, but for me this is not a problem..
    -Chromecast with Google TV
    - Android Q Android 10

Comment

Video lags

I just saw a review of Ubox R89 2G/8G, and if you watch e.g at 13:11 it lags as it does on other HD videos as well if you keep watching a bit further as he plays some videos.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLKFmUYQoCs&list=UU3vKQBLV1YEl2sXura8yIow

Is this a FW issue?

This will be really an annoying thing if you use this stuff to watch movies

Comment

Originally posted by fossxplorer View Post
        I just saw a review of Ubox R89 2G/8G, and if you watch e.g at 13:11 it lags as it does on other HD videos as well if you keep watching a bit further as he plays some videos.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLKFmUYQoCs&list=UU3vKQBLV1YEl2sXura8yIow

Is this a FW issue?

This will be really an annoying thing if you use this stuff to watch movies

Comment

Originally posted by fossxplorer View Post
          ... at 13:11 it lags ...
          I didn't have this at the bird.mkv at SPMC (maybe I had tested it with MX Player) so I think it's youtube or the screen capture... but XBMC is under construction because the SoC is too new for the kodi team at the moment...
          RK3288 Devices
          - Overview BOX (LINK !)
          - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
          UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Re: Best RK3288 device

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
            I didn't have this at the bird.mkv at SPMC (maybe I had tested it with MX Player) so I think it's youtube or the screen capture... but XBMC is under construction because the SoC is too new for the kodi team at the moment...
            Try the new SPMC it works a lot better than Kodi for me.

Comment

is it possible to use rojadirecta (app or website) to view matches ?

Comment

Best option to choice

hi guys,
                my doubt is about what choice is better?
                (im looking for 4k 60fps device - im not hurried to buy just now, just wanna buy a killer mediacenter)

1 - buy beelink r89, nagrace hph,

2 - wait for minix x9-h or something like ?

3 - other good option (in sale or near future release)?

thx a lot guys

Comment

Originally posted by bashed View Post
                  hi guys,
                  my doubt is about what choice is better?
                  (im looking for 4k 60fps device - im not hurried to buy just now, just wanna buy a killer mediacenter)

1 - buy beelink r89, nagrace hph,

2 - wait for minix x9-h or something like ?

3 - other good option (in sale or near future release)?

thx a lot guys

Well, the Draco AW80 supposedly has more powerful hardware but from what I read it has HDMI 1.4 which means it won't do more than 4K@30p. RK3288 devices are the only ones with HDMI2.0 that I know of. 4K playback, especially with h.265 is not flawless from what I read. But that could be a firmware issue. Plus the fact that with hardware decoding you normally need to meet specific coding requirements and h.265 isn't really standardized enough yet, so videos coded in it out on the web aren't guaranteed to work with it.

Heck, you can still find h.264 files which are 8 bits but won't be hardware decoded (too many reference frames, or the wrong type of reference frames, etc.).

If you want something now the rk3288 devices are your best bet and it's relatively future proof (not a hundred percent but then again nothing is). If you are not in a hurry and don't have a 4K tv I suggest you wait and see what's available when you get one (or when you finally find that you can't wait any longer).

Comment

M-195/EW902 vs R89

I've been following the thread about Eweat ew902 at http://www.avsforum.com/forum/39-net...promising.html.

How would you guys compare new boxes bassed on RTD1195 such as WÈW902 and M-195 vs R89?
                    Also, i was recommended VidOn Box over there instead of EW902 due to it's bugs i think.
                    I know power wise R89 rocks, but how does did compare to VidOn Box and M-195/EW902 when it come to video playback support and XBMC?

Comment

Nearly everything I throw at the rk3288 plays fine except h.265 (HVEC) but maybe they fixed it meanwhile (I don't use it) BUT HDMI path-through is a problem (http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...MI-passthrough) and if I'm not wrong also spdif at some avr's (but I also don't use path-through)... but I think they will be able to fix it...
                      I also read by oman about 3D.iso support at new source (netxeon pcb at Beelink/UBOX/Tronsmart)...
                      (http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post247418)

I don't know the RTD1195 http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...5-REALTEK-1195
                      EDIT: Do you know this thread http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=204918 ?
                      RK3288 Devices
                      - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                      - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                      UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by andysunguisheng
                        In my view point, the best device base on RK3288 must be Firefly. http://www.t-firefly.com/en/ It's both supported by android4.4.2 and ubuntu14.04. As to the price,it's only $129.
                        Also they are the only ones that update their SDK on a weekly basis and open-sourced it.
                        Some other companies just sell RK3288 and provide no firmware updates or support.
                        People should support companies that go the extra mile so that other companies will have to follow suit to stay in business or be forgotten.

Comment

So that Firefly-rk3288 dev board is much more FOSS friendly than this R89 box?

Comment

Is there any difference in the Beelink R89 and Tronsmart R28 Meta?

Everybody seems to recommend the Beelink, but it seems to be the exact same thing as the Tronsmart and I think the Tronsmart looks nicer.

Comment

Bee link is what i have. bigger case means less heat issues. they are the same boards made by nexeon. beelink is nexeons brand company. tronsmart buys boards from nexeon/beelink puts it in their case and puts their name on it. So same boards. i went with the beelink for the bigger case. wifi is great also. weather or not the case looks bad means nothing to me because the box is behind the tv and the only time i see it is when im flashing roms.

Originally posted by junglizste View Post
                              Is there any difference in the Beelink R89 and Tronsmart R28 Meta?

Everybody seems to recommend the Beelink, but it seems to be the exact same thing as the Tronsmart and I think the Tronsmart looks nicer.
                              The funniest thing about this particular signature of mine is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

Comment

TV01II RK3288

What do you guys think of this box, it's the cheapest RK3288 I've found so far @ $76: http://www.geekbuying.com/item/TV01I...ck-332175.html

Any idea which rom would work?
                                Last edited by Lude; 11-15-2014, 05:01.

Comment

Working...
                                X