Unbrick MX2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unbrick MX2

I've had an MX2 (G18REF) box for a while running cronnicorey's Linux build and one day it crashed and wouldn't load the addon icons or play anything. So I tried to reinstall 1.1.5 and wouldn't get into recovery using the toothpick method. At some point I managed to install 1.1.6 and I could go into recovery just fine and installed Codesnake's Openelec 4.2.0. With OE, it still wouldn't get into recovery (tried with loading the u-boot.bin and recovery.img on the SD card but nothing). Anyhow, I decided to stay with OE but when 4.2.1 came out, i went to download it and saw that I already had 4.2.1 OE on my laptop and thought i may have downloaded it earlier and forgot. Turns out the one i had on my laptop was 4.2.1 for my RPi. I copied the files in the Update folder on my MX2 and (as expected) it never turned on again

Now trying to get back to recovery doesn't work. I don't think it's because I used the wrong files since i had issues with recovery on this box before.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try these....hope it helps...

Hi, i want some help with unbricking an aml8726-mx tablet. It's Prestigio Multipad Prime Duo, 7" 1024x600 tablet with 16gb internal storage and micro-sd card slot. It has only Power and + - volume buttons. I've bricked it by flashing official...

Comment

Originally posted by polys View Post
      I've had an MX2 (G18REF) box for a while running cronnicorey's Linux build and one day it crashed and wouldn't load the addon icons or play anything. So I tried to reinstall 1.1.5 and wouldn't get into recovery using the toothpick method. At some point I managed to install 1.1.6 and I could go into recovery just fine and installed Codesnake's Openelec 4.2.0. With OE, it still wouldn't get into recovery (tried with loading the u-boot.bin and recovery.img on the SD card but nothing). Anyhow, I decided to stay with OE but when 4.2.1 came out, i went to download it and saw that I already had 4.2.1 OE on my laptop and thought i may have downloaded it earlier and forgot. Turns out the one i had on my laptop was 4.2.1 for my RPi. I copied the files in the Update folder on my MX2 and (as expected) it never turned on again

Now trying to get back to recovery doesn't work. I don't think it's because I used the wrong files since i had issues with recovery on this box before.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Did you find a way to unbrick ?

Comment

Working...
      X