Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[?] Alternate remote for S802 devices

Hello,

I have 3x S89 Android Boxes with the generic remote control.
    I am using my cable box remote, which has button learning ability and supports 3-in-1 devices, to control my TV, Cable Box, Android Box.

The generic Android Box remote lacks STOP, PLAY and other buttons supported by XBMC, which my universal remote has but I have no way of "teaching" it.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a different remote that works on the Android boxes that I can use to teach my universal remote?
    Will an MCE remote work? Is it recognized out-of-the-box by the S89?

have you tried to use your Smart phone as a remote -Keyboard and a mouse?

Comment

Originally posted by TMx View Post
      have you tried to use your Smart phone as a remote -Keyboard and a mouse?
      I want to control my TV and cable box with the same remote and can't using a smartphone.

In addition my kids and wife also want to use the media center while I might be using the phone or not at home and not all have smartphones.

There is no comparing the simplicity of a simple universal remote to control 3 devices (switch between devices, control each device) to using a smartphone where you will need an app for each device if even available.

Comment

Originally posted by the111 View Post
        I want to control my TV and cable box with the same remote and can't using a smartphone.

In addition my kids and wife also want to use the media center while I might be using the phone or not at home and not all have smartphones.

There is no comparing the simplicity of a simple universal remote to control 3 devices (switch between devices, control each device) to using a smartphone where you will need an app for each device if even available.
        I'm using Logitech Harmony Remote ,Huge device database+ has learning capability check it out...

Comment

I had the harmony once and didn't like it.

I am looking to use my existing cable TV remote by teaching it the functionality of the S89.

I already use it by learning the S89 original remote but the S89 original remote is missing the STOP, PLAY, PAUSE buttons.

I am looking for a remote that the S89 recognizes (via it's existing IR sensor) that has these missing buttons that I can teach my cable TV remote.

Comment

It's too bad the original S89 remote is such garbage it really should have stop, play, pause buttons. Have you had any problems teaching your remote the directional keys, ok, ect. i taught those to my ipazzport but they only work half the time lol
            Tronsmart Vega S89 Elite Amlogic S802 with finless2.0

Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta Allwinner A80 Octa Core finless1.0

Comment

Originally posted by thegergz View Post
              It's too bad the original S89 remote is such garbage it really should have stop, play, pause buttons. Have you had any problems teaching your remote the directional keys, ok, ect. i taught those to my ipazzport but they only work half the time lol
              I didn't have any issues programming the existing buttons - just make sure you don't press too long or too short.

Comment

Working...
              X