Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[HELP] Unbricking MK808B - Need Stock Rom - Clone Device

Hi guys!

I've bought recently an MK808B stick from AliExpress.
    Trying to install Finless ROM 2.1 in Windows 8.1 didn't work, and the device got bricked.

After some research in the foruns, I've managed to put the device in "Mask Mode" sucessfully.
    Erased the IDB and installed Finless ROM again.

Even with a sucessfull firmware install, I can't get the device to boot.
    I'm able to put it on Loader mode sucessfully, And I think that my problem is using a wrong ROM for a clone device.

So, here are the pictures of the device I have:

and :

Any help will be apreciated!

I also have another identical device like this one.
    Is there any way that I can dump the stock rom? So maybe I can install it on the bricked device.

Thanks in advance to everyone!

A change was made in Win 8.1 and makes it impossible to flash the mk808 / mk808b without following specific instructions. There are a few different guides explaining how to do it, and I've tried following them and still could not do it (the flashing software will recognize the device, but won't allow me to flash). You can try this Win 8.1 flashing guide if you really can't find a different computer running Windows 7, but I completely advise against it because I wasted a lot of time and couldn't personally get it to work: http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...r-windows-8-1/

There are some clones that won't boot custom roms. Sometimes you can take the kernel from the clone and use it with a custom rom, but we have seen instances where this doesn't work --an example is some of the R-Box branded clones. If you are lucky, someone may have posted the original firmware to this thread: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-identify-them

You can try to contact the seller to see if they have the original rom for it, too. If not, there is a way to get the firmware from your other device, though I am not sure how to do that --- there is definitely a topic about it here.

Comment

A change was made in Win 8.1 and makes it impossible to flash the mk808 / mk808b
      Yes, I've discovered it in a hard way, after almost 10 retrys, I've managed to get my father Windows 7 Notebook, were I could finally flash. Definatly going to reserve a Small partition with Windows 7/ XP in my Desktop. Just to do things like this.

There are some clones that won't boot custom roms. Sometimes you can take the kernel from the clone and use it with a custom rom
      Another thing that I've discovered in a hardway.
      Mine doens't boot anything custom. And I really needed to get rid of some annoying stuff in the stock ROM. Like the Screen Scalling and the Android Keyboard.
      This Stick is going to be used as a monitor for the IP Cameras of my company. So, it's just boot and show the IP Cameras video feed.

You can try to contact the seller to see if they have the original rom for it, too.
      Yes, I did this! And got the device working again.
      Here's the link if someone is interested : http://pan.baidu.com/s/1pJ0oX1T

Now I need to root the device.
      Don't have any clue on how to do it.
      It comes with Android 4.4.2, and I have to do some research on how to do it.

Thanks for the help !

Comment

Working...
      X