CYX_CS918 V5_0 Stock Firmware?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CYX_CS918 V5_0 Stock Firmware?

Hi. I'm new here and I just ordered a CS918 box and Im under the impression that it doesn't have anything installed on it so I need the stock firmware. I'm also under the impression that this (CYX_CS918 V2_3 20140510 wifi/BT chip is RTL8723) firmware is going to be the right one but the board I have is not in the PCB Version/Revisions thread. The V2_3 is the only one that looks similar to mine but mine had a V5_0 on it instead. They both have the same wifi module though. These are some pics that I took. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20141025_184836_Android.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	213.5 KB
ID:	439651Click image for larger version

Name:	20141025_184936_Android.jpg
Size:	214.8 KB
ID:	439652Click image for larger version

Name:	20141025_184824_Android.jpg
Size:	199.9 KB
ID:	439653

EDIT: Also my PC can't see the device at all. So I can't use RKBatch or anything.
    Last edited by chaotix000; 10-26-2014, 04:00.

Please anyone?

Comment

It should come with the stock firmware installed never received one that didn't and I have gone thru least a dozen different boxes.

Cheers,
      Vec

Comment

When I connected it to my tv through HDMI and then again through AV nothing popped up on screen and the LED around the power button was red for about 5 seconds then turned off. It just keeps doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by chaotix000 View Post
          When I connected it to my tv through HDMI and then again through AV nothing popped up on screen and the LED around the power button was red for about 5 seconds then turned off. It just keeps doing that.
          send it back you have a bad one

Comment

Aww...really? Does that seem to happen often?

Comment

Aww...really? Does that seem to happen often?
              depends on who you bought it from. I have purchased all my boxes from geekbuying,com with zero problems but your mileage may vary. You just got unlucky this time around but as a consumer you know its always a chance no matter who you buy from. Hopefully the return is not a big hassle may I ask where you got the box from?

Vec

Comment

Yeah. It was on **** from etopmarket. They had a good rating so I thought it'd be ok but I guess not.

Comment

Stock firmware for CYX_CS918-V5_0

Hi. I'm new here and I just ordered a CS918 box and Im under the impression that it doesn't have anything installed on it so I need the stock firmware. I'm also under the impression that this (CYX_CS918 V2_3 20140510 wifi/BT chip is RTL8723) firmware is going to be the right one but the board I have is not in the PCB Version/Revisions thread. The V2_3 is the only one that looks similar to mine but mine had a V5_0 on it instead. They both have the same wifi module though. These are some pics that I took. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8545[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8546[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8547[/ATTACH]

EDIT: Also my PC can't see the device at all. So I can't use RKBatch or anything.
                  This is the stock rom for this box: http://mega.co.nz/#!Rp9GWT5S!7XXTUUD...B9-v5QmuxUuyXo
                  Last edited by Crealster; 02-11-2015, 17:08.

Comment

Working...
                  X