Strange Pointing Device Problem with X7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange Pointing Device Problem with X7

I bought X7 from DX to be used in my kids' room. First I installed Finless 1.7 or 1.8, but found it to be unstable, i.e., random reboots, etc. After sometime I tried QS3.1 and found it to be perfect for my setup. Used it with A12 or don't know which version of Air mouse. However, a few days back, my son complained that the air mouse was not working. I checked and found it to be true. The pointer was all gone. Battery changing did not work; nor did connecting another air mouse, and then wired mouse. I thought there was some problem with the rom, and just a while ago, I reflashed QS3. Only to find that no pointing device whatsoever is working at all, not even in recovery mode. Help me out. I do not know what to do now.

Originally posted by unikorn View Post
    I bought X7 from DX to be used in my kids' room. First I installed Finless 1.7 or 1.8, but found it to be unstable, i.e., random reboots, etc. After sometime I tried QS3.1 and found it to be perfect for my setup. Used it with A12 or don't know which version of Air mouse. However, a few days back, my son complained that the air mouse was not working. I checked and found it to be true. The pointer was all gone. Battery changing did not work; nor did connecting another air mouse, and then wired mouse. I thought there was some problem with the rom, and just a while ago, I reflashed QS3. Only to find that no pointing device whatsoever is working at all, not even in recovery mode. Help me out. I do not know what to do now.
    It's possible, and you didn't mention trying this... that one of the USB ports went bad... so try the other ports. Also, if you have other USB devices, disconnect them while testing to ensure they aren't somehow interfering.

Comment

Originally posted by rdsok View Post
      It's possible, and you didn't mention trying this... that one of the USB ports went bad... so try the other ports. Also, if you have other USB devices, disconnect them while testing to ensure they aren't somehow interfering.
      Tried that already but did not mention earlier. I suspect something IS wrong with USB ports as the air mouse I have has a light on it which blinks if the signal is not stable (not connected) and stops blinking when it's connected. One one port, it keeps blinking. On other port it is always stable, but pointer never appears on screen. On the third port (which is in front, next to power button), sometimes light is stable, sometimes it is not, but there is no onscreen pointer in any case.

So if the usb ports have gone bad, can anything be done about it, i.e., some hardware guidance would be helpful. First of all how to open the box, and secondly, which chip/IC would be affected and how to find replacement.

Update: Installing Wasser ROM took care of the problem. The mouse and keyboard is working again. So it seems it's a software-related problem. But why with this particular unit? No idea. I suspect the problem is still there and is in fact hardware related and may recur anytime.
      Last edited by unikorn; 10-29-2014, 15:55. Reason: updated info. problem solved.

Comment

Working...
      X