MK908 is dead after shutdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MK908 is dead after shutdown

I have an MK908 that has Finless 1.8 ROM and it has been working fine. I used the power off function a few days ago, and now it will not start up. I tried a new power adapter and cable. I have tried connecting it even to my PC to try and reflash and it does not seem to be working. Any ideas?

Re: MK908 is dead after shutdown

Originally posted by swaltke View Post
    I have an MK908 that has Finless 1.8 ROM and it has been working fine. I used the power off function a few days ago, and now it will not start up. I tried a new power adapter and cable. I have tried connecting it even to my PC to try and reflash and it does not seem to be working. Any ideas?
    if it won't go into flash mode and it won't just come on then the only other thing I know to try is to figure out which pins to short to get it into mask mode or whatever it's called. And if that doesn't work I am afraid it's dead. ... Hopefully someone can prove me wrong.

Comment

Hi, does the blue led turn on? Have you any root tweaks that could be cause of not booting? Did your computer recognize mk908 without problems?
      Last edited by marzzz; 11-03-2014, 10:26.

Comment

The blue light does not come on, and the PC did not recognize it when I tried to flash it. I am not aware of any boot customization. I have the Finless 1.8 ROM on it and it have been working fine for a few months. I typically turn it off when not in use by hitting the power off icon on the screen and then when it has shut down, I will turn off the power strip.

What is MASK mode?

Comment

sorry to say it but i think its dead, mask mode is acheived by shorting pins on the nand chip, varies between devices which pins to short but is a last resort. in your case i think it will be pointless as the power light is dead.

Comment

@Swaltke
            does the led turn on even when you connect usb power to OTG (computer) connector instead of power connector?

Comment

Working...
            X