(Geekbuying) Tronsmart S89-H - Finless 2.0 - Random no display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Geekbuying) Tronsmart S89-H - Finless 2.0 - Random no display

My week old s89-h running on finless 2.0 has been randomly having the display suddenly cut off. The blue power led is still led, there just isnt any display. I have to switch off the power on the main plug then turn it on again....then it will work for another random X time. Should i reflash it or is it confirmed a hardware issue then i should ask geekbuying for a replacement...

Originally posted by spying View Post
    My week old s89-h running on finless 2.0 has been randomly having the display suddenly cut off. The blue power led is still led, there just isnt any display. I have to switch off the power on the main plug then turn it on again....then it will work for another random X time. Should i reflash it or is it confirmed a hardware issue then i should ask geekbuying for a replacement...
    Hi,
    Emma is here for help. I noticed your post on the forum, i think it's my duty to help you. Is it possible to send your order number to me via PM, so that i can informed relevant staff to help you.

Sincerely
    Emma
    Coupons Updated Every Day: https://bit.ly/2RnbHUi

Deals for TV Boxes & Mini PC: https://bit.ly/2s7ugxD

Comment

Its the well know HDMI issue 100%. Send it back for rma.

1 week old, so they are still shipping the old batch crapp... WITH THE PROBLEM they are well aware of.

Look here for instance http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-*******/page2

Comment

Hmm..
        Try a another power adaptor..
        - i hat similair situation.. blackscreen, blue-light, system in a bootloop (only viewable using av-out)
        --it was the power unit not suplying enough power to boot-up android/unit

Just a thought.. goodluck

Comment

Originally posted by Genem View Post
          Its the well know HDMI issue 100%. Send it back for rma.

1 week old, so they are still shipping the old batch crapp... WITH THE PROBLEM they are well aware of.

HDMI broken!
          My HDMI port died after a few days too.
          Resoldered it, but the connector itself has such a crappy quality, that it works only with a High Quality HDMI cable. Cheap cables (which work pretty well with other devices) can cause random dropouts.
          It's just a very poor manufactured device, even GeekB tried to tell us that they would have improved the manufacturing process.
          Liars.
          Send the crap back to them and hope, you will get a device which lasts longer than one week.

Comment

Yeah definitely HDMI port issue, when I flip it over upsize the display comes out.

I have been running it upsize down for awhile but lately its been happening again and I have to force shut it down then turn on again.

Guess I will try to get a replacement from GEEKBUYING

Comment

i dont know why geekbuying continues to sell these, 50% of them are garbage
              Tronsmart Vega S89 Elite Amlogic S802 with finless2.0

Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta Allwinner A80 Octa Core finless1.0

Comment

Originally posted by thegergz View Post
                i dont know why geekbuying continues to sell these, 50% of them are garbage
                Because they are far away from our first world and they know, that most people won't make any trouble because of the relatively cheap price and the annoying RMA.
                And even than....
                Also they are Asians, which are famous for their lying and their "I don't care a shit attitude", after they got your money.
                I live in Asia and have to deal with them every day and that's far away from enjoying.
                Staying away from companies like Geekbuying (or generally small Chinese garage sellers) is the way to go, if you don't like to burn more money.

Comment

Originally posted by vel2000 View Post
                  Because they are far away from our first world and they know, that most people won't make any trouble because of the relatively cheap price and the annoying RMA.
                  And even than....
                  Also they are Asians, which are famous for their lying and their "I don't care a shit attitude", after they got your money.
                  I live in Asia and have to deal with them every day and that's far away from enjoying.
                  Staying away from companies like Geekbuying (or generally small Chinese garage sellers) is the way to go, if you don't like to burn more money.
                  Mine has the same problem .watching a movie al ok than black screen for few sec than back to normal .sometimes the sound is gone than the only thing is reboot the thing .

and for a part your right .no aftersales ore a hell .The havent learned how marketing works .I bought a zopo phone real good specs .the never gave the thing an update so that all the bugs were gone .Same with tronsmart and all that stuff .Dont even think lollypop is going to appear on the aml divices .Thats why i never buy a phone with an mtk soc anymore since they sell but update their drivers nope .And i think aml does the same crappy drivers .Since its not only the tronsmart that has problems .

Look finless and oman and a few others do their best to make it run as smooth as possible .but if aml doesnt deliver them stable drivers and the factory makes a good productthey can do what they want but then youll never see a stable aml device .

I do agree that if a product has al lot of problems and you know it .than stop selling it

Comment

And even than....
                    error
                    Staying away from companies like Geekbuying (Generally small Chinese gold sellers Garage) is the way to go, if you do not like to burn more money.
                    Geekbuying is not the manufacturer. it's not his fault.
                    I had the same problem as you (HDMI) at the beginning there were misunderstandings with their service. after I was very willing to help. and I thank them. I just received. minix an 8-hr. by paying the price difference. and the price of return of my s89-h. it is very easy to give the number of the command the serial number of your s89-h + pictures. emma else does the rest

Comment

My hdmi went out a few days ago on a 3 month old box this is pretty pathetic than people buying new boxes are still having this issue.

They have known about the issue from the first run.

Comment

Originally posted by totor54 View Post
                        error
                        Staying away from companies like Geekbuying (Generally small Chinese gold sellers Garage) is the way to go, if you do not like to burn more money.
                        Geekbuying is not the manufacturer. it's not his fault.
                        It's theres (Geekbuying) fault, without any doubts!
                        I know that Geekbuying is just the seller.
                        BUT they've told us lies, that they would have improved the QC and manufacturing process in conjunction with Tronsmart.
                        And what happened?
                        They are still selling this defective crap!

It's always possible, that an item has a production error.
                        But knowingly selling a defective product until today makes them (GeekBuying) responsible for all this disaster!

After all, GB is still active here, advertising beta products.
                        So, who is the real sucker? Your choice...

Comment

It's theres (Geekbuying) fault, without any doubts!
                          I know that Geekbuying is just the seller.
                          BUT they've told us lies, that they would have improved the QC and manufacturing process in conjunction with Tronsmart.
                          And what happened?
                          They are still selling this defective crap!

It's always possible, that an item has a production error.
                          But knowingly selling a defective product until today makes them (GeekBuying) responsible for all this disaster!

After all, GB is still active here, advertising beta products.
                          So, who is the real sucker? Your choice...
                          You can be sure. Dear friend, I am very sorry that I have sent my s89-h
                          the minix not worth $ 1. it's a crap. AnTuTu 29000. always on a beta firmware 9002 (Finless ROM "tweaker). xbmc. SPMC. kodi also problems. crashes all the time. HDMI. not asking too many questions on their forum. s89h my old rom. Finless of 2.0. AnTuTu 41000. all work very well .spmc + xbmc kodi beta 2 works very well. I just ordered a 808b addition, to put aside my minix. very disappointed of minix. this is why he comes out the 8-h minix more .7mois after 8-h. and 8-h is always with his beta. I wonder if we'd buy from ****. amazon. or elsewhere. we would have had the same services after sales .emma always has the answer to problems and help. you knew it from 4-2014 that there was a HDMI problems. nobody has forced to buy it. you did not ask the question eric or if you emma! Receive the new model. goodbye

Comment

Originally posted by totor54 View Post
                            .emma always has the answer to problems and help.
                            Are you somehow involved in this company or get paid by them?

you knew it from 4-2014 that there was a HDMI problems. nobody has forced to buy it. you did not ask the question eric or if you emma! Receive the new model. goodbye
                            BS.
                            GB told us (3-4 months ago?) that the HDMI problems were "fixed" by Tronsmart!
                            My device was bought in 10.2014, which means six months later....
                            But with an incredibly audacity, they are still selling knowingly defective devices!
                            They are just Liars, who even try to cheat us about the "improved" model!
                            goodbye
                            Last edited by vel2000; 11-28-2014, 08:30.

Comment

Are you somehow involved in this company or get paid by them?

BS.
                              GB told us (3-4 months ago?) that the HDMI problems were "fixed" by Tronsmart!
                              My device was bought in 10.2014, which means six months later....
                              But with an incredibly audacity, they are still selling knowingly defective devices!
                              They are just Liars, who even try to cheat us about the "improved" model!
                              goodbye

you Somehow Involved in this company or get paid by em?
                              not expensive no friend at all. ue I said was the truth. no relation to the company or emma. Here are pictures
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X