Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mediaman Rom for M8

Originally posted by maosales View Post
    I agree - great ROM, but I'm confused - are you saying you're running this M8N rom on an MXQ successfully?? Which version of the MXQ - the power button in the middle version, or the basic one with 1gb ram and the s805?
    Yes it's an G-box Q from matricom no power button on box its self. Not sure how I did it but it all started when matricom updated firmware and I lost root so I down graded to the 1.2 firmware flashed twrp on it to root it easier but when I did that and tried to upgrade firmware it said I could not cause box was being read as an m8m now so I started with megaton rom which was ok now on this Tom which blows away matricom firmware! I new to all this so if I did not answer correctly sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by r3ed0 View Post
      Look for this if you want Mediamans rom for the M8, GEv2 custom SPMC.

I just flashed this using android recovery option, pointed to zip, it reboots, and restores.

it boots up ok, but i dont see SPMC kodi in list of apps, i see otheR apps though. Also most of the more settings menu is in chinese and webdings. When i click apps, it goes back to the settings menu.

seems lots of things are crashing. My box is a square m8.

What did i do wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Bobfat View Post
        I just flashed this using android recovery option, pointed to zip, it reboots, and restores.

it boots up ok, but i dont see SPMC kodi in list of apps, i see otheR apps though. Also most of the more settings menu is in chinese and webdings. When i click apps, it goes back to the settings menu.

What did i do wrong?
        Manually format data and cache before flashing the ROM

Comment

What did i do wrong?
          I installed the appropriate versions on both an M8 and on various M8N's and never had any problems. Really good rom and looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by hackadroid View Post
            Manually format data and cache before flashing the ROM
            Thanks for this.

i ticked both wipe tickboxes in the android restore menu, have you got the process i need to follow?

Comment

What did i do wrong?
              You need to let it remoobt after first reboot to the apps installs prob. and settels down.. Hope that will do it for you

Comment

Any problems on Matricom G Box Q?

Originally posted by Ericlupori View Post
                Yes it's an G-box Q from matricom no power button on box its self. Not sure how I did it but it all started when matricom updated firmware and I lost root so I down graded to the 1.2 firmware flashed twrp on it to root it easier but when I did that and tried to upgrade firmware it said I could not cause box was being read as an m8m now so I started with megaton rom which was ok now on this Tom which blows away matricom firmware! I new to all this so if I did not answer correctly sorry.

Hello,

I also have the G Box Q from Matricom. It's not bad, but could be better. Wifi performance is weak.
                Are you using wifi? If so, at what distance and what speed are you getting with ookla speed test?
                Also, I really like the Matricom IR remote control. With this ROM does the remote still work the same?
                Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by timbo View Post
                  Hello,

I also have the G Box Q from Matricom. It's not bad, but could be better. Wifi performance is weak.
                  Are you using wifi? If so, at what distance and what speed are you getting with ookla speed test?
                  Also, I really like the Matricom IR remote control. With this ROM does the remote still work the same?
                  Thanks.
                  Hello!
                  No I'm using wired but I switched to wifi my box is about 5ft from my wifi I'm getting 45 wifi and 85 wired the remote works but the volume buttons are switched vol down is the lines vol up is the home button so home button is the vol up other than that no buffering but I also installed a cpu manager so I got all the cores online hope that helps!!

Comment

Why is it that every time I install this mediaman ROM on my M8's it disables the wireless and nothing shows under access points on this ROM and every other following ROM that I install. I also installed OpenELEC. What is the solution to no access points under networks and can this be fixed without the USB burning tool, possibly with Root Explorer??

Comment

Working...
                    X