Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tronsmart MK908II rom advice ?

hi boys,

I know that there are a lot of questions/demands the same type - which ROM should I use etc ...

I read the forum, but I have to ask:

I bought Tronsmart MK908II recently - it had stock fw 2013 something, I've downloaded last one from tronsmart.com - 4.2.2 kernel 3.0.36+ vendor 104j2 - I flashed it to the device without any issue ... but my problem remains

I have NAS Synology - from which I am streaming movies via DLNA to TV over WiFi. I had MK802+ device and it was working better in this setup like 908II which should be more powerful etc. (that's why I decided to buy it)
    I can spot micro freezes of picture when watching movies - using MXplayer with codec armv7neon.

So my question is what am I doing wrong ? Besides, TV output is only 720p and still it freezes :/

thanks a lot for your time & advice in advance
    MK908II - Finless 1.6

I've been wondering the same, MK908II should have enough power to play video without freezing or lags

Maybe you could try to install Finless 1.6 Rom (link). Playing movies via Wifi gets easily micro freezes and same when playing them from internal memory. Tells something about the quality, right? So I always play movies from the external good quality sd-card. Also, you can try to adjust CPU-governor from default interactive to ondemand, if that gives any more fluidity.

Comment

that did the trick

thanks a lot for the advice, I was able to flash Finless 1.6 successfully into my 908II, now 1080p movie looks like doing a smooth playback - comparing to yesterday's playback on stock fw. I'll try to do some more tests today evening, I'll post the results later. The question: should I look for newer version of Finless for this device or should I stay on this one ? I don't have itchy update fingers, just wanted to know more about stability & performance etc. again, many thanks for your help, much appreciated.
      MK908II - Finless 1.6

Comment

Yes you can try other firmwares, but you can always flash Finless 1.6 back if other firmwares aren't so good. I haven't compared other firmwares, because Finless 1.6 fixed problem for me

Comment

looks like it's ok, but I have impression that my 1080p movies are glitching very little, once per few mins, but it's almost not visible. Do you think that I should try Finless 2.0 ? I saw it's beta only ... I am using mx player with mx codec armv7neon, h/w decoder. In my screen settings, only 720p @ 60 and 50 should be selectable. thanks a lot for patience the stick I am using only for movies via dlna to projector, maybe I'll try dvbt stick later with this ...
          MK908II - Finless 1.6

Comment

Originally posted by phoenixx View Post
            looks like it's ok, but I have impression that my 1080p movies are glitching very little, once per few mins, but it's almost not visible. Do you think that I should try Finless 2.0 ? I saw it's beta only ... I am using mx player with mx codec armv7neon, h/w decoder. In my screen settings, only 720p @ 60 and 50 should be selectable. thanks a lot for patience the stick I am using only for movies via dlna to projector, maybe I'll try dvbt stick later with this ...
            Ill be making a rom for this device soon. Its a fixed stock rom with awesome playback of tru 1080. I had a device donated.
            Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

looking forward to it many thanks
              MK908II - Finless 1.6

Comment

Originally posted by phoenixx View Post
                looking forward to it many thanks
                uploading now....as soon as it is done i will post. Says 30min
                Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Hi Devs,

If I flash http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...dition-2-0-0-) on my mk908ii will it work or will it brick the device ?
                  Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by mowgli View Post
                    Hi Devs,

If I flash http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...dition-2-0-0-) on my mk908ii will it work or will it brick the device ?
                    Thank you!
                    Im pretty sure that is a pizza box and you have a stick...i dont think it will work.

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post
                      Im pretty sure that is a pizza box and you have a stick...i dont think it will work.
                      It wont work because of the kernel ?

Comment

Originally posted by mowgli View Post
                        It wont work because of the kernel ?
                        You can try but I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post
                          You can try but I doubt it.
                          I decided to not play Russian roulette

Comment

Working...
                          X