White screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White screen

Hey all i just got the Polaroid PMID701c, but when i tried turning on it came up with a white screen then went off. I'm currently charging it now and still get the same thing. Did this happen to anyone else, or was i just given a defective system?

Originally posted by Theo View Post
    Hey all i just got the Polaroid PMID701c, but when i tried turning on it came up with a white screen then went off. I'm currently charging it now and still get the same thing. Did this happen to anyone else, or was i just given a defective system?
    Does the white screen flash or stay on?

Try holding the power button about 15 seconds past the white screen. Does it get to ICS logo then black?
    When mine did this tech support said it was because battery level was insufficient to complete boot. They were wrong.
    Turned out that my brother had dimmed screen to complete black and I had to flash firmware. Then he did it again.

If this is a bad firmware build issue others will post.

If charger is bad, try charging from computer port.
    Charger is 1 amp, computer is 1/2 amp just takes longer. Use the otg cable supplied with device, normal cable will not charge?

Oh, and mine is a 701i x10 they sent to replace my 701c, but if it is the firmware it might be kernel related.

To iterate, hold power button for a long time, it'll either try to boot or show the battery charging icon. Mine did both alternately. If you get icon it should be almost filled with green for full charge. If you get boot, note whether gingerbread or ice cream sandwich logo.
    Last edited by matt; 10-14-2012, 03:48.

Comment

Working...
    X