digix tab-730

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

digix tab-730

Digix now has 4.0.4 update. About to text with livesuite.
    Only install roms with your battery charged fully. 10b g2 2.1r. LG Optimus v cm10. Polaroid pmid4311 4.0.7. Flytouh 1.9. Craig tablet 2.2.

This, update ( .Android 4.0.4 Firmware for TAB-730) is a lot better than what came stock. I, can search the web now and my apps work. Rooted, with unlock root. Boots alittle faster now.
    Only install roms with your battery charged fully. 10b g2 2.1r. LG Optimus v cm10. Polaroid pmid4311 4.0.7. Flytouh 1.9. Craig tablet 2.2.

Comment

It is a nice tablet for the cash unlike the 720 . The update does make it feel much better . You can actually use the stock browser on the update without it freezing up . No bugs whatsoever here . Ran Modern Combat 2 flawlessly . Unfortunately no room for 3 .
      Now all we need is a custom recovery and rom . Hopefully somebody will come thru with something for this tab . These tabs are being sold alot and soon there will be a large user base . I would volunteer but I don't know the first thing about creating a recovery or a rom and kernel .
      I did not install the included Gapps because it's not really necessary . The basic rom installs Gmail . If you need to install from Google Play then just use the browser and play store will show up as an option . Found it to be lighter now by this method of installing the stock rom . Go into recovery mode after flashing and wipe cache and factory reset . Root after that . To access the stock recovery press -volume and hold down then press the power button . Release the power at android logo logo but continue to hold -volume down until you get the big android . Press home button to reveal the recovery . Navigate with Volume buttons and power button selects the options .

Comment

Need help getting 4.0.4 update

Originally posted by rvp2 View Post
        This, update ( .Android 4.0.4 Firmware for TAB-730) is a lot better than what came stock. I, can search the web now and my apps work. Rooted, with unlock root. Boots alittle faster now.
        Update: Please disregard this request. I got the file. It took all night but I got it.

I realize it's a pain, but could anyone who has the 4.0.4 update file possibly upload it to a server or file sharing system so I can download it? PLEASE?

I'm looking for: TAB730-v1.10-20120929.zip

I bought two TAB1030s at Radio Shack yesterday and one of them came with Android 4.0.4 and the other is 4.0.3. Radio Shack was not willing to try any others from their stock to see if they had another 4.0.4 so I am stuck doing this update.

The server is so bad at Digix that I have been trying to download this for over 7 hours now. I get about 170MB down (about half) and then the connection drops. I am currently trying different FTP clients to see if perhaps a smarter one might be able to recover after the failure, but if someone could upload this to a decent server perhaps I could get it.

Note: Supposedly the 730 update file also works on the 1030. The Digix documentation could be better (that's my "nice" way of saying it ).

Thank you,
        -Marty
        Last edited by MartinMarty; 11-25-2012, 15:23. Reason: cancel request

Comment

What's the touchscreen like?

What's the touchscreen responsiveness like? I was considering getting one of these to replace my PMID701i, but if it uses the same crappy ft5206 touch panel, I'm going to want something better.

Can you post the output of "lsmod" in a terminal for me? I want to know if it uses a Goodix touch panel. Alternatively, download a game/touch test app and see if a quick swipe leaves gaps in the path of the swipe. Or a drawing app, or something you can measure touch latency with. I just want to know how much lag I'd be dealing with.

Thanks!

Comment

lsmod

app_61@android:/data $ lsmod
            8192cu 575431 0 - Live 0xbf1e5000
            rtl8150 8910 0 - Live 0xbf0a8000
            qf9700 8513 0 - Live 0xbf0a1000
            asix 22500 0 - Live 0xbf096000
            sun4i_csi0 29274 0 - Live 0xbf08a000
            gc0329 14080 1 - Live 0xbf082000
            videobuf_dma_contig 5659 1 sun4i_csi0, Live 0xbf07d000
            videobuf_core 18067 2 sun4i_csi0,videobuf_dma_contig, Live 0xbf073000
            cedarx 11815 0 - Live 0xbf06c000
            mali 130433 10 - Live 0xbf03f000
            ump 42386 17 mali, Live 0xbf02e000
            gt82x 11535 0 - Live 0xbf027000
            mma7660 6525 0 - Live 0xbf021000
            nand 100157 8 - Live 0xbf000000
            app_61@android:/data $

Sorry I can't tell you much about the touch screen. This is my my first tablet computer except for a 7" Archos with Android 2.3 that I bought a couple of years ago and actually returned it in spite of a restocking fee because it sucked so bad. Based on that experience I considered Android "not ready for prime time" but now I decided to give it another try since some time has passed.

I will say that sometimes it seems very sensitive and other times not (I have to press something multiple times for it to be recognized). This does not seem to be isolated to one particular area of the screen, i.e. a bad spot. Please note that I am running it with the protective film still on the screen because this is supposed to be a Christmas present.

Comment

Originally posted by MartinMarty View Post
              gt82x 11535 0 - Live 0xbf027000
              I was getting excited about it being a Goodix touch panel, then I realized this driver doesn't have source code available! Unfortunately that means dual-booting Ubuntu like I did with my PMID701i could be difficult, because I'd have to use the Android kernel.

Guess I need to keep searching...

Comment

TAB-730 update does not work on TAB-1030

To whom it may concern, the file TAB730-v1.10-20120929.zip does not work on the TAB-1030, in spite of what the instructions imply and what the guy at Radio Shack told me.

It produces a non-booting tablet that just sits there with a black screen.

I had to use the TAB1030-v1.02-20120618.zip file to revert to the 4.0.3 version.

I have sent an email to Digix support requesting a 4.0.4 file for the TAB-1030.

p.s. Curiously, *somebody* managed to get a 4.0.4 version running on the other TAB-1030 that I bought, so I know it is possible. If anybody has any insight into this I would be interested. Thanks.
                Last edited by MartinMarty; 11-25-2012, 23:46. Reason: p.s.

Comment

You, will have to keep trying the web site. I, had the same problem when downloading the 4.0.4 update on the 730. And, I just sent my 730 back to the factory because the usb jack stopped working no charge no play. This is my second time having this tablet replaced in the last 2 months. Maybe I'll get a good one this time. Also, has anyone noticed that the touchscreen does not work in the middle lined with the camera.

Comment

TAB-1030 Update to Android 4.0.4 received and installed.

I have not noticed the touchscreen problem on my TAB-1030s. I'll keep an eye out for that. I have had problems from time to time getting it to do what I want, but I think it is partly due to my newness with this platform and partly due to keeping the protective film on the screen.

On Monday I ordered a TAB-730 for about $75 shipped so I hope mine is a good one.

My other situation turned out good. I emailed and called Digix support and amazingly got a nice lady who spoke perfect English and they were very helpful. They told me the 4.0.4 file for the TAB-1030 would be on the web site the next morning. Actually it was added that same night, plus they put the file on DropBox for me so I received it in minutes instead of hours.

And, the file worked! 4.0.4 installed the first try.

I did have problems installing Google Play due, again, to me being a noob at Android and their website/documentation failing to mention that it is necessary to install a USB driver for the tablet before the Google Play install will work (because it uses USB debugging facility).

Knock on wood, I am pleased with these tablets and the support so far. Let's hope my luck holds out since I've bought three of them now...

The digixmedia.com web site seems to be down at the moment and has been for the past several hours, so I'm glad I got my files when I had the chance. Maybe they're moving it to a better server to handle all the traffic from customers who bought the Radio Shack Black Friday deals.

Comment

I heard about this with one of my friend's system but not experienced it yet. I would like to have complete information about the problem and measures for solving it in detail. Can any one please produce some attachment links regarding my request as I was a newbie to this field. Thanks in advance.
                      QR code generator
                      QR codes

Comment

You, can just download a gapps.zip. And, install google play in all that way. It's alot easier.
                        Digix, is great at replacing there products. Mine, is on its way back to me after 4 days.

Comment

Originally posted by peeterminy View Post
                          I heard about this with one of my friend's system but not experienced it yet. I would like to have complete information about the problem and measures for solving it in detail. Can any one please produce some attachment links regarding my request as I was a newbie to this field. Thanks in advance.
                          Are you referring to the touch screen problem? Knock on wood, I have not experienced that on the 1030. Sometimes I do have a difficult time clicking on something I want, but I suspect software, for example browser, rather than hardware because the screen seems extremely sensitive other times and picks up exactly what I want to do. I have not identified a particular area of the screen that is good/bad. I also suspect that sometimes the lack of response may be due to insufficient CPU, i.e. it picked up what I clicked and is in the process of responding but I have already given up and started clicking on other things.

Comment

Originally posted by MartinMarty View Post
                            Are you referring to the touch screen problem? Knock on wood, I have not experienced that on the 1030. Sometimes I do have a difficult time clicking on something I want, but I suspect software, for example browser, rather than hardware because the screen seems extremely sensitive other times and picks up exactly what I want to do. I have not identified a particular area of the screen that is good/bad. I also suspect that sometimes the lack of response may be due to insufficient CPU, i.e. it picked up what I clicked and is in the process of responding but I have already given up and started clicking on other things.
                            It's the rom. It, needs another update if you ask me. Or, a custom rom with cwm. ( someone help use).

Comment

Thank You Martin Marty for your valuable suggestions produced in the post regarding my problem. I will try this method for better performance of my system.
                              QR code generator
                              QR codes

Comment

Working...
                              X