X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X8-H Speaker crackle/pop on XBMC start play

MINIX X8-H with MINIX XBMC Edition
    Video via HDMI to Pioneer Plasma / Audio via SPDIF to Denon AVR
    Android Audio set to output via SPDIF (Settings - Advanced)
    XBMC System/Settings/Audio set to Enable Pass-through with AC3 and DTS capable AVR

Have a collection of DVDs that were converted with MakeMKV, all play fine on a WDTV Live SMP or VLC or WMP (no speaker crackle at start-up)

When using XBMC the ones that are encoded as DD 5.1 or DTS have a loud crackle/pop when they start then the sound is OK. No other Video or Audio problems - just when these particular files start-up. I have tried various combinations of settings but am getting nowhere. Anybody have an ideas as to why the X8-H does this ??
    Last edited by exitguy; 11-16-2014, 00:33.

Originally posted by exitguy View Post
    MINIX X8-H with MINIX XBMC Edition
    Video via HDMI to Pioneer Plasma / Audio via SPDIF to Denon AVR
    Android Audio set to output via SPDIF (Settings - Advanced)
    XBMC System/Settings/Audio set to Enable Pass-through with AC3 and DTS capable AVR

Have a collection of DVDs that were converted with MakeMKV, all play fine on a WDTV Live SMP or VLC or WMP (no speaker crackle at start-up)

When using XBMC the ones that are encoded as DD 5.1 or DTS have a loud crackle/pop when they start then the sound is OK. No other Video or Audio problems - just when these particular files start-up. I have tried various combinations of settings but am getting nowhere. Anybody have an ideas as to why the X8-H does this ??
    got almost the same configuration, only my HDMI Goes through HDMI in on the reciever then HDMI out to the tv, and indeed when the movie starts i hear Some noice, special with dts 5.1 sounds. I hear it but got used to it. I think it has something to do with the switch signal for your reciever.

Comment

Originally posted by Genem View Post
      think it has something to do with the switch signal for your reciever.
      You could be right, on another forum someone replied that XBMC seems to do this with Denon & Pioneer.
      ATM I just Mute sound before starting playback then when video starts un-Mute.
      It's a pain and hopefully will be fixed in future releases as I really like the Android & XBMC combination.

Comment

Working...
      X