on android how to see external hard drive plugged into box on windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

on android how to see external hard drive plugged into box on windows

i have a mxiii using finless 2.0 and stanes XBMC, on linux i plug in my external hard drive with my movies on it and on windows i can either select map netowrk drive, or just browse to it by network, but on android my box is not shown in windows over network

So what you want is to see your android box on windows? like plug your external hard drive on one of the usb 2.0 ports of your android box and be able to see it on your windows? if so then that is my exact setup.

I use an app that basically has many different server services that one can setup, i use "SMB Native Server" (SAMBA) setup on that app so my 3tb HDD can be seen on my Windows PC's, then i map that Drive on Windows so i can access the hard drive faster and easier.

I can also see the internal sd and external sdcard of my android box on Windows that way.

You will also need to setup a statip IP address on your android box.

The android app i use is called Servers Ultimate: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ultimate&hl=en

I haven't found a way to do it with a script natively or using other apps, Servers Ultimate is what worked for me and is what i currently use.

Comment

i never messed with trying to make a static ip so how do i do that on smiling bobs rom? and xbmc? thanks for the help

Comment

Originally posted by leo5111 View Post
        i never messed with trying to make a static ip so how do i do that on smiling bobs rom? and xbmc? thanks for the help
        Open Mbox Settings, then go the last tab "Others" and click "Other settings", then click on Ethernet >> Ethernet Configuration. Conection Type change from DHCP to Statip IP then fill up the info below that.

If using Wifi then go to Wifi intead of Ethernet, once there click on the "3 dot icon" at the top right of the screen and select "Advanced" >> IP address

Comment

ok i will do that BUT how do i get back to the mbox?..lol i have it set to boot STRAIGHT to XBMC

Comment

ok i found mbox settings and im at configure ethernet device but what do i put for ip,dns,gateway?

Comment

ok i found mbox settings and im at configure ethernet device but what do i put for ip,dns,gateway?
              Go to your windows pc and in the search box or "Run" type: cmd, then click enter. Once there type "ipconfig" then enter. Now take a look where it says "IPv4 Address........ :"

For example if it looks like 192.168.0.xxx (where "x" is a number up to 3 digits) e.g: 192.168.0.102 then you put 192.168.0.110 where it says "IP".

Where it says Subnet you put 255.255.255.0, under DNS put your router's IP or you can put Google DNS: 8.8.8.8, finally under Gateway you must put your router's IP e.g: 192.168.0.1 (following the example above).

Note that it can be 192.168.x.x , my network setup is 192.168.2.x for security purposes.
              The most common by default depending of the router are: 192.168.0.x or 192.168.1.x

Comment

ipv4 says.1 not .0 so what should i put?

Comment

read again my last post, i edited

Comment

hmm im trying to figure out what to put for my ip, i know about some stuff but i know NOTHING about networking

Comment

hmm im trying to figure out what to put for my ip, i know about some stuff but i know NOTHING about networking
                      For my network i divided IP addresses depending if they are windows/linux machines or android machines

But you can simply put a higher number for your android box. If you DHCP addresses provided by your router start from 192.168.1.100 (most common) then use 192.168.1.110 and up for static ip addresses or even higher 192.168.1.120 and up. Doesn't matter really, just pick one.

Comment

ok i think i got it it let me save the settings now what? i installed servers ultimate but havent set anything up because i dont know how

Comment

ok i think i got it it let me save the settings now what? i installed servers ultimate but havent set anything up because i dont know how
                          First make sure you have internet. Then Open the app and in SIMPLE >> SIMPLE SERVER pick SMB NATIVE SERVER FROM THE DROP DOWN LIST. Once you create a server, you can see, edit and more each server under SERVERS menu (under SIMPLE). Then edit it, check all the settings and figure it out. Don't forget to click SAVE after you make the all the changes you want.

Comment

ok i can see my sd card how do i set a path to my external hard drive?

Comment

ok i can see my sd card how do i set a path to my external hard drive?
                              If your external hdd is plugged in the android box then most likely is sd1 or sd2, when you edit SMB native server, you'll see a tab called ROOTS there you add (Plus icon) the paths of storages. The micro sdcards and external hard drive paths are under "external_storage"

Comment

Working...
                              X