Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MachSpeed Trio Tablet Reset?

Greetings,

I'm trying to factory reset a Trio tablet for a friend who forgot his pattern lock and although I've looked around the web for answer, I can't seem to find instructions that work for this device.
    I know about the Google account reset process but the owner says he has a bunch of different google accounts and doesn't know which one he registered the device with.
    Anyway, at this point it's a paperweight and I'd like to change that.

Any advice appreciated.

Thankyou

This is ultimatly a security feature. The only way I know how to clear it is to use a ROM flash tool, erase the tablet, and bring it back to factory. Understand why this is! Stolen devices can leave peoples private info available. I am not saying this is stolen but it is engineered this way so you cannot get back into it to get info. So your going to have to reset to factory which erases everything!

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Thankyou Finless, I haven't worked with tablets enough yet...
      I figured a factory reset was necessary for just that reason, makes sense.
      So I'll need to start with a ROM erasure... Ok, that should get me pointed in the right direction.

Thanks again Finless, that helps!

Comment

Success - factory reset Mach Speed Trio Stealth Pro

Last night, after several hours of searching, I finally managed to,I think, factory reset the tablet.

I tried using the LiveSuit system to flash a rom (look for ROMs for the a10 processor) but I only got my computer to recognize the tablet once and, thinking that LiveSuit was stuck, I interrupted the process. I tried for a couple more hours and somewhere inbetween frustrated attempts, I stumbled my way into what I think is the recovery menu by...

I held down the volume DOWN (-) btton and turned on the tablet. i released the power button once the tablet 'blinked' indicating it was starting up but I kept the volume down (-) button held down until the device entered a strange menu in Chinese or Japanese.

What I did next, I don't know exactly. I tried everything in the menu several times, not knowing what I was doing, and somewhere along the way, between shutdowns and restarts, the tablet booted into safe mode without a password. I think the factory reset had already taken place at that point but just to be sure I ran a reset again anyway. As far as I can tell, the ROM I had tried to flash did NOT transfer over, also, the Chinese recovery menu gave the name of the ROM on the device as "crane_a710-eng", which I had never heard of, and which is not, as far as I know, the ROM I tried to install.

Anyway, Finless, thankyou for your help. I may try flashing another ROM later. Perhaps then I'll be able to verify what I did to get the Trio to reset.

Comment

Originally posted by Taerzik View Post
          I held down the volume DOWN (-) btton and turned on the tablet. i released the power button once the tablet 'blinked' indicating it was starting up but I kept the volume down (-) button held down until the device entered a strange menu in Chinese or Japanese.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! This was the only helpful information of its kind that I have found online. My mach trio stealth 8 was having issues, and i could not figure out how to go back to factory settings. Thank you again.

Comment

Working...
          X