Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WeTek Play - unofficial CyanogenMod, Omni, ParanoidAndroid, AOKP 4.4.4 KitKat ROMs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WeTek Play - unofficial CyanogenMod, Omni, ParanoidAndroid, AOKP 4.4.4 KitKat ROMs

Hello guys,

this is my first post here but maybe somebody already knows me for the things I've been doing on Allwinner/Amlogic/Rockchip tablets.

Anyway, today I'm here to talk you about some of the major Android roms and recoveries for an Amlogic 8726-MX based TV box.

WeTek Play is shipped with a customized JB 4.2.2 build but if you wanna try something different (always Android based, you have the OpenElec choice as well) I will give you some instructions.

As first thing you can choose between CWM or TWRP as custom recovery (you'll need it to flash the modified rom and to take backup/restores of the running system).

The Amlogic bootloader allows you to just load the recovery from a microsd card without flashing it on the nand (so in a non-destructive way).
    To load the recovery just copy the recovery.img that you will find in cwm or twrp zip and copy it to a microsd card; insert that microsd card in the Play and plug-in the AC power cable while you keep pressed the little reset pin-hole located on the bottom of the device (once you have flashed one of those aftermarket roms you will be able to reboot to recovery straight from the power menu).

Once your device has booted to the new recovery, if you wanna try one of those KitKat roms just do a backup (in case you wanna go back to your previous configuration) and do a factory reset followed by the installation of the rom's zip and the gapps' zip.

Download link to the latest builds:

* CWM
    * TWRP

* CyanogenMOD
    * Omni
    * ParanoidAndroid
    * AOKP

* GAPPS

If you have any question I'm here to help you
    Last edited by ChristianTroy; 11-28-2014, 19:06.
    WeTek Play
    Recoveries: CWM | TWRP
    Lollipop ROMs: CyanogenMOD 12 | OMNI | Android TV
    KitKat ROMs: CyanogenMOD 11 | OMNI | ParanoidAndroid | AOKP
    Misc: Unbrick WeTek Play

Hello,

Thanks to have you here on the Forum !!!
    We know and we proud that you Post here.
    This TV Box you told about i will get this Week from WeTek and will Test it as well.

Regards

Neomode a.k.a Ray

Comment

Hello
      I hope you'll enjoy it. These roms (and the previous 4.3 based) have one issue in the WeTek theater app (the dvb player) which is caused by a proprietary prebuilt library that leads to a force close if the channel is transmitting a subtitle.
      I know what's causing it (it's the update of libskia that started with 4.3) but witout the code of that library my hands are tied.
      Anyway if you launch the app again after the fc the channel is tuned (but subtitles won't work) and works fine
      WeTek Play

Comment

Hi,

seems to be a nice toy with two DVB-S2 tuner

I think some more information for those who are interested in are really useful, so I post some links:
        Product-page http://wetek.com/products
        Unboxing http://www.cnx-software.com/2014/08/...oid-linux-stb/
        Review http://www.cnx-software.com/2014/08/...lite-receiver/

I have to ask what's about e.g. OsCam and also external SC-reader

Regards
        RK3288 Devices
        - Overview BOX (LINK !)
        - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
        UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

I'm going to inform myself if anything regarding oscam is frying in the pan, right now only FTA channels for what I know

It would be nice for myself as well since I could watch my local TivuSat share :P
          WeTek Play

Comment

I've been searching and it looks like there's a project that was porting oscam to arm, nothing is still public yet but I'll try to see if I can get it from the dev and I'll report some feedback
            WeTek Play

Comment

Originally posted by ChristianTroy View Post
              I've been searching and it looks like there's a project that was porting oscam to arm, nothing is still public yet but I'll try to see if I can get it from the dev and I'll report some feedback
              Also at Android?

Because generally there exists ARM ports like

=>
              oscam.cc ist die beste Quelle für alle Informationen die Sie suchen. Von allgemeinen Themen bis hin zu speziellen Sachverhalten, finden Sie auf oscam.cc alles. Wir hoffen, dass Sie hier das Gesuchte finden!

oscam.cc ist die beste Quelle für alle Informationen die Sie suchen. Von allgemeinen Themen bis hin zu speziellen Sachverhalten, finden Sie auf oscam.cc alles. Wir hoffen, dass Sie hier das Gesuchte finden!

And you can also find something like this
              Cross compiling OSCAM

OSCam (compiling)

(I had researched it because of TVHeadEnd e.g. at openELEC... but also have no idea how to implement it)

But at Android????
              RK3288 Devices
              - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
              Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
              Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
              Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

If I've understand it right it's for Android (I guess it isn't using glibc but bionic, so it has less dependencies), anyway I'll have to let him explain better (specially if it's something that is ready for "production" or not).

BTW, running oscam on arm is not a problem, I was running my local server 4 years ago on a Linksys NSLU2 (I had a qemu arm debian distro that I was using on my PC to compile packages); I have to inform me better about WeTek Player compatibility with external plugins for live tv vision (aka in which way it would communicate with an eventual oscam)
                WeTek Play

Comment

THX
                  I also know OpenWRT Images with OsCam support for usb-ftdi reader/ccid and PCSC Reader. E.g. smargo, easymouse (2) Cardman etc.
                  E.g. at TP-Link router.
                  RK3288 Devices
                  - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

BTW:

=> Oscam and MCas apk's for Alien A3
                    RK3288 Devices
                    - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

I will give it a look this week
                      WeTek Play

Comment

Welcome,

* CWM
                        * TWRP

Will it be working with G-Box MX2 Android TV Box from Matricom?
                        Optimize your home entertainment system with the Android G-Box Q3 Plus. Game, stream, and work from one device with Matricom's G-Box Q3 Plus set top box.

There is Amlogic AML8726-MX.

Greetings

Comment

Probably, if Matricom cared about the community
                          WeTek Play

Comment

Originally posted by ChristianTroy View Post
                            Probably, if Matricom cared about the community
                            Can I or no?

Comment

You can, but not the one I built for the Play. I don't work with Matricom stuff so I can't help you, I'm sorry

edit: modified the OP with a newer cm build, it fixed an erratic behavior of the airmouse
                              Last edited by ChristianTroy; 11-26-2014, 09:15.
                              WeTek Play

Comment

Working...
                              X