[URZ0352] how to update to android 4.4.2

Hello,

recently I bought smartTV dongle URZ0352 with specification
    -Rockchip RK3066 A9 @2x1,6GHz +4x Mali400
    -mt5931sa & mt6622n
    -1gb Gb ddr3
    -4Gb nand flash
    -1xHostUSB 1xmicroUSB OTG , 1xmicroUSB (for power) , MicroSD slot
    -Android 4.2 kernel 3.0.36+, compilation rk30mtk-eng 4.22 JDQ39 eng.arron.20131118.181739test
    -Cover is similar to J21 - with 2xWiFi antenna

I would like to update android to v4.4 and add CWM/TWRP

Regarding this I have some questions:
    - how to make a full backup of rom to recover if device will be partially bricked?
    - how to install CWM on this device
    - which rom to choose to update to 4.4 - I see that J21 has more internal memory than mine
    - how to change partitions size (with mtk6577 was a piece of cake here I don't know how to do it)

Thanks
    mic
    Last edited by mic13; 12-05-2014, 21:22. Reason: update hardware information

Hello,
    I see that this thread was visited many times but without any answer.

I'll try to update it with some things I was able to do at this moment:

>> - how to change partitions size (with mtk6577 was a piece of cake here I don't know how to do it)
    Still I didn't change the partition size but I was able to add some memory for my applications. I just changed the mounting points for Internal memory & sd card in vold.fstab

To do this I had to root my device using commands and applications from first post on
    These are instructions for rooting Android devices that utilize the RK3066 chipset (Cortex A9 Dual Core, MALI Quad-Core GFX). I have tested and verified that these instructions work for the UG007 Android-on-a-stick...they *should* work with...

but uploading binaries from this
    USE THIS ON YOUR OWN RISK! Rooting your device can void device´s guarantee. Follow the steps: 1. Download the files in the attachment and place them in the root of the sdcard. 2. After the first step is done a window will pop on your screen...

Unfortunately CWM from that post was not working. When updating on my device it was just rebooting to factory defaults

But as it was written "USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK"... it's connected with all modiications

Comment

Working...
    X