Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MXII 1G/8GB Firmware - Black screen while booting, able to get into recovery mode via toothpick method

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MXII 1G/8GB Firmware - Black screen while booting, able to get into recovery mode via toothpick method

Hi. Sorry that this another firmware help.

My MXIII has crashed all of a sudden and when I boot up, its only a black screen. I am able to get into the recovery mode via toothpick method. I have tried two firmwares I downloaded from this forum but keep getting error.

Can someone pls upload or share a zip file firmware that will work via the toothpick method/sd card

thanks a bunch!

Originally posted by MRFREDDIE-05 View Post
    Hi. Sorry that this another firmware help.

My MXIII has crashed all of a sudden and when I boot up, its only a black screen. I am able to get into the recovery mode via toothpick method. I have tried two firmwares I downloaded from this forum but keep getting error.

Can someone pls upload or share a zip file firmware that will work via the toothpick method/sd card

thanks a bunch!
    check your hardware is realtek 8188 or AP6181. then people can help.

Eric
    Looking for developers
    http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

http://www.dealsmachine.com/best_186846.html Thanks for the reply Eric, how can I find this out? The link at the start if what my box is. Sorry for being a noob guys...

I used AP61 from one of the threads here but it did not work... Hope this helps and thank for the reply.

Comment

Originally posted by geekbuying View Post
        check your hardware is realtek 8188 or AP6181. then people can help.

Eric
        Eric, could you please help direct me to the correct firmware now? Thanks

Comment

Eric, could you please help direct me to the correct firmware now? Thanks
          1) Are we sure its an 1G/8G MXIII?

2) The most sure fire way to know which version of the MXIII you have RTL8881 or AP6181 is to physically open it up. This can be done with an old Bank Card or a Guitar Pick if you have some laying 'round.
          Those Chips are the Ones responsible for your Wi-Fi. Installing the incorrect Firmware will cause the Wrong Drivers to get loaded up, and you WONT have any WiFi at all!
          So knowing this stuff, IS kind of a big deal!

3) What if any error does the 3e Recovery throw out at you?

4) Are you trying to use the Single *.img File... AFAIK that should almost always work automatically, once it gets to the Recovery Mode. Or are you using the Three File (SD Card) Method... i.e. the, factory_update_param.aml, recovery.img and k200-ota-20140917.zip Files?
          You need to place all three of those Files on the Root of your SD Card, and then point to the k200-ota...zip File to run the Update, though the 3e Recovery.

About the only helpful advice I could give you in the advent that you can not get the 109k4 Update (AP6181), is to go to Beelinks Website, and download the 108k4 (RTL8188), and try installing that... That File should NOT give you any trouble. Other then the possibility losing the Wifi. A problem easily corrected by just updating to the 109k4 Firmware.

That was pretty much how I managed to resurrect a ~bricked~ 1G/8G MXIII after having flashed an S82 Firmware on it, like an noob. Though I had to use AMLogic's USB Burner Tool (Firmware Flasher), to actually do so. Because simply trying to flash what was the correct 109k4 Firmware.. Always crashed ~2% Mark. USB Burner only worked when I was flashing the 108k4 Firmware form BeeLink.

Comment

Originally posted by Ichijoe View Post
            1) Are we sure its an 1G/8G MXIII?

2) The most sure fire way to know which version of the MXIII you have RTL8881 or AP6181 is to physically open it up. This can be done with an old Bank Card or a Guitar Pick if you have some laying 'round.
            Those Chips are the Ones responsible for your Wi-Fi. Installing the incorrect Firmware will cause the Wrong Drivers to get loaded up, and you WONT have any WiFi at all!
            So knowing this stuff, IS kind of a big deal!

3) What if any error does the 3e Recovery throw out at you?

4) Are you trying to use the Single *.img File... AFAIK that should almost always work automatically, once it gets to the Recovery Mode. Or are you using the Three File (SD Card) Method... i.e. the, factory_update_param.aml, recovery.img and k200-ota-20140917.zip Files?
            You need to place all three of those Files on the Root of your SD Card, and then point to the k200-ota...zip File to run the Update, though the 3e Recovery.

About the only helpful advice I could give you in the advent that you can not get the 109k4 Update (AP6181), is to go to Beelinks Website, and download the 108k4 (RTL8188), and try installing that... That File should NOT give you any trouble. Other then the possibility losing the Wifi. A problem easily corrected by just updating to the 109k4 Firmware.

That was pretty much how I managed to resurrect a ~bricked~ 1G/8G MXIII after having flashed an S82 Firmware on it, like an noob. Though I had to use AMLogic's USB Burner Tool (Firmware Flasher), to actually do so. Because simply trying to flash what was the correct 109k4 Firmware.. Always crashed ~2% Mark. USB Burner only worked when I was flashing the 108k4 Firmware form BeeLink.
            Thank for this great reply.

1) I can confirm it is a 1GB DDR Version of the box.
            2)I'll get a picture of the box
            3)Will have a look again for the specific code
            4) Been trying the TF card, with the 3 file.

I'll have a look at the site, do you have your own tutorial for the usb burner way?

Thanks a bunch for the reply!

Comment

Thank for this great reply.

1) I can confirm it is a 1GB DDR Version of the box.
              2)I'll get a picture of the box
              3)Will have a look again for the specific code
              4) Been trying the TF card, with the 3 file.

I'll have a look at the site, do you have your own tutorial for the usb burner way?

Thanks a bunch for the reply!
              In response of 2... If I'm to take that literally a "Picture" of the Carton (e.g. Box), isn't gonna help anyone. Unfortunately you will need to pick open the actually MXIII Box to phisically spy the Mainboard where either the RTL8188, or the AP-6181 Chip resides. Its fairy simple to pry the Box open, as its not held together with any Screws. Like I said you could use a thin piece or plastic to gently pry it open. Just remember that the Wi-Fi Antenna is fixed to both ends so you can't just yank the bottom of it off like that!
              Since your now facing the bottom of the Board you'll have to undo the Four tiny Screws that hold it in place.

That pale looking Chip next to the Antenna is the WiFi Chip. And, AFAIK, this is about the only way sans running dmesg though a Command Prompt... (I guess in the case of Android you could download a SSH/SFTP Server off of the Play Store). But, of course you have to have a working System for that.

So you can hardly go too wrong in installing the 108k4 Drivers from BeeLink (http://www.bee-link.com/en/index.php), and trying to install that Firmware first! If you find that everything is then working STOP! If on the other hand everything sans the WiFi is working. Find that Firmware Sticky Thread (On this Board!), and update to the 109k4 Firmware which has the AP-6181 Drivers on it.

P.s. inb4 I don't have a Probox2... Neither do I... But as with most things that get produced in China... Its more or less the exact same Board as whats in the MXIII Box. Save with the possibillity of it having upwards of 16GB or shared Storage, and a better WiFi+Bluetooth 4.0 Chip. Its the same Board! Same CPU, same GPU! I only posted the Pic as to give you a clue as to where you can find the actual Chip. You might still need to Spyglass to actually read whats on it though. I can tell you that the AP chips look like that in the Picture. I have no idea if the RTL Ones do though or not. For all I know they maybe darker? Or not I honestly wouldn't know.

Comment

In response of 2... If I'm to take that literally a "Picture" of the Carton (e.g. Box), isn't gonna help anyone. Unfortunately you will need to pick open the actually MXIII Box to phisically spy the Mainboard where either the RTL8188, or the AP-6181 Chip resides. Its fairy simple to pry the Box open, as its not held together with any Screws. Like I said you could use a thin piece or plastic to gently pry it open. Just remember that the Wi-Fi Antenna is fixed to both ends so you can't just yank the bottom of it off like that!
                Since your now facing the bottom of the Board you'll have to undo the Four tiny Screws that hold it in place.

That pale looking Chip next to the Antenna is the WiFi Chip. And, AFAIK, this is about the only way sans running dmesg though a Command Prompt... (I guess in the case of Android you could download a SSH/SFTP Server off of the Play Store). But, of course you have to have a working System for that.

So you can hardly go too wrong in installing the 108k4 Drivers from BeeLink (http://www.bee-link.com/en/index.php), and trying to install that Firmware first! If you find that everything is then working STOP! If on the other hand everything sans the WiFi is working. Find that Firmware Sticky Thread (On this Board!), and update to the 109k4 Firmware which has the AP-6181 Drivers on it.
                I did mean to take a picture of the MX3 box and the packaging haha. I will try to open it up today, asap.

I did manage to download a ZIP file from bee-links with the 3 files you put onto an SD card and tried it via the toothpic method, but got error again (picture attached). - http://postimg.org/image/ipnwy044v/

This was the download link I tried for the 1GB MXIII version.

- http://www.bee-link.com/article.php?id=136

Im sorry if im not helping much for you guys, im a complete noob to this stuff atm.

Comment

I did mean to take a picture of the MX3 box and the packaging haha. I will try to open it up today, asap.

I did manage to download a ZIP file from bee-links with the 3 files you put onto an SD card and tried it via the toothpic method, but got error again (picture attached). - http://postimg.org/image/ipnwy044v/

This was the download link I tried for the 1GB MXIII version.

- http://www.bee-link.com/article.php?id=136

Im sorry if im not helping much for you guys, im a complete noob to this stuff atm.

Looking at that set of Error Messages... Did you ever try to Wipe Data / Factory Reset... Wipe Cache Partition. I think doing that. Then possibly reflashing the Firmware again. should help. It kinda looks like to me like the Partitions haven't been formatted as such which is why your seeing that.

Though I'll save myself from staking my life (as such on it)... I think doing the above will likely move you along. (Or had you already thought to have tried that?).

Comment

Looking at that set of Error Messages... Did you ever try to Wipe Data / Factory Reset... Wipe Cache Partition. I think doing that. Then possibly reflashing the Firmware again. should help. It kinda looks like to me like the Partitions haven't been formatted as such which is why your seeing that.

Though I'll save myself from staking my life (as such on it)... I think doing the above will likely move you along. (Or had you already thought to have tried that?).
                    Okay, I'll try wipeing data/cache parition then flashing again.

Thanks for helping me a lot man, I do really apperciate it.

Comment

Okay, I'll try wipeing data/cache parition then flashing again.

Thanks for helping me a lot man, I do really apperciate it.
                      Did it help?!

Assuming that it hasn't... I would probably suggest you try this then:.

Download the AmLogic "USB Burner Tool": http://www.mediafire.com/download/jm...ogic_tools.rar

Though I never needed to on Windows 7 x86-64. You may want to also download some Driver Pack: http://www.moborobo.com/ I suspect that you probably shouldn't need it though.

You will however need a Windows PC (XP or lol better... Ok 7 IS actually very good TBH!), for this I haven't tried this say under Linux via Wine or Mac for instance!
                      And a Micro-B USB Charging / Data Transfer Cable...

Stat USB Burning Tool.
                      Since AmLogics Program is in Chinese, and some badly broken English, which bleeds non-translatable (via Copypasta anyways), Chinese words. You'll need to go to the Second Option (On the Menu Bar...), to chose English.

You'll need to patch that Micro-B USB Cable to the OTG Port of the MXIII, and connect the other side to your PC. Then first pressing the Reset Button (with a small QTip / Toothpick). Hold it while powering the Device on... Continue to hold the Reset Button till Windows make a "Ding" Sound... Albeitly it could take a couple of Minutes to "see it", be patient!

Once Windows "Dings" you can then release the reset Button. Now Windows will search for the correct Driver. It should spit out something called a "WorldCup Device" this means that the Device is now connected to Windows, and is ready to be flashed.
                      In fact IIRC the USB Burning Tool should also say something like Ready as well.

The first thing you should do is to get the:
                      M82_108k4_1gddr_rtl8188.img -> Its the Second File on the BeeLink Homepage! http://www.bee-link.com/en/article.php?id=134
                      Then choose to install this by clicking "File" -> "Import Image" it'll take a moment to load.
                      The other option to set would be the "Force erase all"

...Then click Start. If your inclined to... Pray!

I do not really recommend you to try this, as if you manage to flash the wrong Firmware it could potentially brick your Box! As what had happened to me... Thankfully I was able to recover with the above Firmware. In fact its the ONLY one that seems to want to work on that Box. As far as flashing via the AMLogic USB Burner Tool goes!

What ever you do... DO NOT EVER TRY TO ATTEMPT FLASHING A S82 FIRMWARE!
                      The 1G/8G MXIII is a M82 Device. Flashing a S82 Firmware could cause you more grief then you'd want or need. Trust me on this! Flash ONLY M82 Firmwares with this Tool!

Now assuming that the above has gone well, and your able to boot. But you can NOT activate the Wi-Fi you'll need to get the 109k4 Update from this Site (See the Firmware Sticky), since its not really available anywhere else at the moment.

And flash those Three Files, like you normally would thought the 3e Recovery.
                      It should go though smoothly. It it does give you a hick-up, then try forcing it to read the Flash File again. This time the update should complete. And you shuold then have a working AP6181 Wifi again.

I'd like to stress that you probably should only use the USB Burner Tool as a last resort. As again the potential to perma-brick the Device with this is fairly high.

So be sure to try and Factory Reset / Format - Wipe Cache from the 3e Recovery first.
                      As that, should under ideal conditions... Fix those missing Partition Errors that you getting from the 3e Recovery.
                      Last edited by Ichijoe; 11-27-2014, 12:11.

Comment

Did it help?!

Assuming that it hasn't... I would probably suggest you try this then:.

Download the AmLogic "USB Burner Tool": http://www.mediafire.com/download/jm...ogic_tools.rar

Though I never needed to on Windows 7 x86-64. You may want to also download some Driver Pack: http://www.moborobo.com/ I suspect that you probably shouldn't need it though.

You will however need a Windows PC (XP or lol better... Ok 7 IS actually very good TBH!), for this I haven't tried this say under Linux via Wine or Mac for instance!
                        And a Micro-B USB Charging / Data Transfer Cable...

Stat USB Burning Tool.
                        Since AmLogics Program is in Chinese, and some badly broken English, which bleeds non-translatable (via Copypasta anyways), Chinese words. You'll need to go to the Second Option (On the Menu Bar...), to chose English.

You'll need to patch that Micro-B USB Cable to the OTG Port of the MXIII, and connect the other side to your PC. Then first pressing the Reset Button (with a small QTip / Toothpick). Hold it while powering the Device on... Continue to hold the Reset Button till Windows make a "Ding" Sound... Albeitly it could take a couple of Minutes to "see it", be patient!

Once Windows "Dings" you can then release the reset Button. Now Windows will search for the correct Driver. It should spit out something called a "WorldCup Device" this means that the Device is now connected to Windows, and is ready to be flashed.
                        In fact IIRC the USB Burning Tool should also say something like Ready as well.

The first thing you should do is to get the:
                        M82_108k4_1gddr_rtl8188.img -> Its the Second File on the BeeLink Homepage! http://www.bee-link.com/en/article.php?id=134
                        Then choose to install this by clicking "File" -> "Import Image" it'll take a moment to load.
                        The other option to set would be the "Force erase all"

...Then click Start. If your inclined to... Pray!

I do not really recommend you to try this, as if you manage to flash the wrong Firmware it could potentially brick your Box! As what had happened to me... Thankfully I was able to recover with the above Firmware. In fact its the ONLY one that seems to want to work on that Box. As far as flashing via the AMLogic USB Burner Tool goes!

What ever you do... DO NOT EVER TRY TO ATTEMPT FLASHING A S82 FIRMWARE!
                        The 1G/8G MXIII is a M82 Device. Flashing a S82 Firmware could cause you more grief then you'd want or need. Trust me on this! Flash ONLY M82 Firmwares with this Tool!

Now assuming that the above has gone well, and your able to boot. But you can NOT activate the Wi-Fi you'll need to get the 109k4 Update from this Site (See the Firmware Sticky), since its not really available anywhere else at the moment.

And flash those Three Files, like you normally would thought the 3e Recovery.
                        It should go though smoothly. It it does give you a hick-up, then try forcing it to read the Flash File again. This time the update should complete. And you shuold then have a working AP6181 Wifi again.

I'd like to stress that you probably should only use the USB Burner Tool as a last resort. As again the potential to perma-brick the Device with this is fairly high.

So be sure to try and Factory Reset / Format - Wipe Cache from the 3e Recovery first.
                        As that, should under ideal conditions... Fix those missing Partition Errors that you getting from the 3e Recovery.
                        Right, I began following this procedure, yet, when installing the USB tool, it asks me to download a driver, I try to install it but says fail. This is the driver that fails - libusb_win2 worldcup_device(01/18/2012 1.2.6.0)

Comment

Right, I began following this procedure, yet, when installing the USB tool, it asks me to download a driver, I try to install it but says fail. This is the driver that fails - libusb_win2 worldcup_device(01/18/2012 1.2.6.0)
                          What OS (i.e. PC), are you using? Windows 7 should be able to get the Driver though Windows Update.
                          If your stuck on something like XP. Then use the Moborobo Application to install those for you.
                          That should be all you need.

Like I said you have to press the Reset Button before you power the Box up, and continue holding it till Windows makes an audible "ding!". Only then will Windows "see it", then attempt to load such Drivers.

You could also try finding the Device though the Device Settings -> Dearch for new Devices, as well as force installing such drivers, as needed.

But, I take it that Format Wiping didn't work?!

Comment

I had exactly the same problem. My power supply was bad (2A). When I changed it and flashed clean S/W with USB Burning Tool everything was good as new.
                            Last edited by filek; 12-15-2014, 19:43.

Comment

Working...
                            X