"CarPC" Tablet recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"CarPC" Tablet recommendations

I am trying to build a carpc for under $100. I already have an amp and wiring harness, so now I'm looking for a tablet in the $100 range. Can anyone recommend a 7" tablet that is capable of charging and using OTG at the same time? The tablet will be mounted in the dash, so it will need to be able to do this without having to hook things up in a specific order every time, like I've seen for many devices when using OTG Y cables.

My other option is, I have an MK808(non B) that has been sitting not doing anything since the WIFI took a dump over a year ago. I believe it is running Finless 1.7. Last I knew touchscreens were not really an option for these, is that still the case?

Hi,

I am considering an android rear-view mirror as a cheap alternative which is easier to install and I really want to have the rear view camera function. I have seen those two options from geekbuying as viable but I have no experience with those kind of devices:

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/5-0-I...ap-332983.html

and

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Car-D...ap-321785.html

Does anyone have any experience with such products? I know they are rather popular in Russia due to the front camera being used for video registering of car accidents.

Comment

OK, just for everyone else's information. I bought the product and it seems to work fine:

- Allwinner A10 1Ghz processor
      - 512 RAM
      - Android version ICS 4.04, pre-rooted for convenience
      - Front and rear camera working fine, recording software integrated in android working OK
      - reads a 64GB microsd card for video, music and GPS maps
      - touchscreen is responsive and works well with a pen (to avoid dirty fingerprints on the mirror)
      - the mirror is dimmed so you are not blinded during the night although seems a bit dark in daylight (but enough to see)
      - included GPS receiver locks almost immediately and has good reception and accuracy
      - even has some old iGO version installed and working with older cards (2011-2012) for whole Europe

What is not working:

- FM radio (not so important although advertised as working)
      - there is no audio-out port (big issue for me as I want to use it for a media player in the car), the audio-out port is used as a GPS connector port (absurd design ... )
      - no bluetooth support (this is expected as it is not included in the specs)
      - no installed google play and services (actually positive for me personally as they affect the speed of the device and use too much RAM), alternatively I use aptoide or apk downloader

Comment

Working...
      X